We would like to congratulate Prof. Dušan Galusek for receiving the award – The Scientist of the year 2019 in the Slovak Republic, Cathegory: Personality of International cooperation.
Prof. Galusek was awarded for successful cooperation with the top world and European research institutes and for obtaining support from the Horizon 2020 program for the construction of a Glass research centre (FunGlass) of European importance in the Slovak republic. The event was organized by the Center for Scientific and Technical Information of the Slovak Republic (CVTI SR), the Slovak Academy of Sciences (SAS) and the Association of Slovak Scientific and Technical Societies. The aim of the award has been to professionally and socially highlight the most important personalities of scientific life in Slovakia. Awards were given in five categories:
1. Scientist of the year (RNDr. Peter Skyba, DrSc., Institute of Experimental Physics SAS, Košice)
2. Young researcher (RNDr. Cyril Rajnák, PhD., Faculty of Natural Sciences, UCM Trnava)
3. Innovator of the year (Prof. Ing. Ján Híveš, PhD., Faculty of Cemical and Food Technology, STU Bratislava)
4. Technologist of the year (Prof. Ing. Emil Spišák, CSc., Institute of Technology and Materials Engeneering, TU Košice)
5. Personality of International cooperation (Prof. Ing. Dusan Galusek, DrSc., FunGlass, University of Trenčín)
The event was focused on innovations in the field of physical, chemical and technological research and the President of the Slovak Republic, Zuzana Čaputová took over the auspices of the 23rd Annual award.