The industrial based research is related to the needs of local and regional glass production and technology problems. The actual services for industrial partners are DSC analysis, TGA analysis, SEM analysis, measurement of the mechanical and physical properties of the glasses.
The Centre offers the following services supported by its up-to-date research infrastructure:
- Determination of the chemical composition of inorganic non-metallic materials
- Determination of the content of dissolved elements in water
- Determination of the chemical resistance of silicate glasses
- Corrosion testing and monitoring of chemical resistance of inorganic materials
- Corrosion tests with advanced ceramic materials under hydrothermal conditions
- Vicker hardness test
- Microstructural analysis of inorganic non-metallic materials
- UV-VIS-NIR (absorption) spectroscopy
- Raman spectroscopy
- Electrical and electrochemical properties of materials
- Thermal properties of materials
- Melting of glass-forming melts under laboratory conditions
- Measurement of physical properties of glass-forming melts and glasses
- Experimental observation of the batch melting progression and stability study of primary and pneumatic foam formed on the surface of glass-forming melt
- Image analysis using optical microscopy
- The X-ray difractometry
- Determination of rheological properties
- Measurement of particle size and zeta potential optimizing stability and drying of ceramic suspensions, clays and soils
- Production of thin ceramic tapes using tape casting method
The case studies on selected services are described in Catalogue of cooperation, part Glass Competence Centre Vitrum Laugaricio, p. 13 -59.
Ing. Branislav Hruška, PhD.
tel.: +421 32 7400 556