The overall objective:
Upgrade of the existing Centre of excellence for ceramics, glass and silicate materials (CEKSiM) in Trenčín, Slovakia, to an internationally recognized Centre for Functional and Surface-functionalized Glasses (FunGlass).
The partial goals within the frame of the following FPA action:
- Establishment of the Centre for functional and surface-functionalized glasses, as the upgrade of the CEKSiM.
- Creation of a system of incoming and outgoing management system for advanced research facilities.
- Creation of a student and researcher exchange program for access to research facilities of all partners.
- Building, re-construction, and adjustment of the premises for the Centre, including procurement of required research infrastructure.
- Hiring the requested research and administration staff.
- Completion of the interim training sessions of Slovak specialists on advanced research facilities in the advanced partners for knowledge transfer.
- Creation of an international graduate school issuing joint diplomas.
- Achievement of Center´s financial self-sufficiency.