The Director of the Centre for Functional and Surface Functionalized Glass
of Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín
in accordance with the Law 131/2002 on Higher Education, the Law 552/2003 on the work in public interest and in accordance with the principles of selection process of university teachers, researchers and chief officers of TnUAD
announces recruitment process for the work position:
Postdoctoral research associate at Department of Functional Materials of the Centre for functional and surface functionalized glasses – 2 positions for the following research topics
1 position for research topic: “cation mixing and ionic conductivity in glasses derived from melts and solutions”
1 position for research topic: “optically active glasses and coatings for illumination, sensing and data transmission”
There is immediate opening for 2 positions of postdoctoral research associate in the newly established Centre for functional and surface functionalized glasses at the Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, Slovakia, funded from the H2020 framework programme project. The appointment is for at least two years with possible extension of the contract until 12/2023 dependent upon research progress and quality of the scientific outputs. Positions are open immediately upon completion of recruitment process and later start is negotiable. Salary will be commensurate with experience, training, and qualifications, in line with the rules of the European Commission on personal costs in the frame of the H2020 projects
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD (doctoral degree) in Chemistry, Material Science or expected completion early 2019,
- Specialization: Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Inorganic non-metallic materials,
- 1st position: Experience in glass science, including glass preparation and processing, physical properties of glasses, structural characterization of glasses using the spectroscopic techniques (e.g. FTIR, Raman spectroscopy….)
- 2nd position: Experience in glass science and ceramics, optically active glasses doped with RE/TM or other optically active ions, including glass preparation and processing, physical properties of glasses, characterization of optical properties using spectroscopic techniques (e.g. absorption, luminescence spectroscopy….)
- Good command of English (at least C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference).
The position involves:
- Fundamental and applied research in the area of functional materials, in line with the areas of research defined in the project application,
- Active searching for research funding for the research programmes pursued in the centre,
- Research collaboration with industrial partners,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment,
- Publish research results and give presentations at scientific meetings,
- Written and oral communication, preparation and management of research proposals, research papers and scientific reports, analysis and investigation of scientific problems.
Interested and qualified persons should submit (in English):
- Professional CV,
- A copy of PhD certificate (or after completion of PhD thesis)
- A list of publications and research projects,
- A letter describing background and specific experience and capabilities pertaining to research activities,
- Copies of three first author recent publications,
- The name, address, and e-mail address of at least one reference.
- The criminal record – in case of successful completion of the tender.
Application with required documents should be sent to the address: Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, OPaM, Študentská 2, 911 50 Trenčín, Slovakia and also by e-mail to: email@example.com until 31. 12. 2018. Please, mark the envelope by “Funglass”.
Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
Trenčín, November 21, 2018
Dušan Galusek Prof., DSc,
Director of FunGlasse Centre