The Director of the Centre for Functional and Surface Functionalized Glass
of Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín
in accordance with the Law 131/2002 on Higher Education, the Law 552/2003 on the work in public interest and in accordance with the principles of selection process of university teachers, researchers, and chief officers of TnUAD
announces recruitment process for:
1 work position – Postdoctoral research associate at the Joint Glass Centre of the Centre for Functional and Surface Functionalized Glasses
There is immediate opening for the position of a postdoctoral research associate in the Centre for functional and surface functionalized glasses at the Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, Slovakia. The appointment is for at least two years with possible extension of the contract dependent upon research progress and quality of the scientific outputs. Position is open immediately upon completion of recruitment process. A later start is negotiable. Salary will be commensurate with experience, training, and qualification, and is subject of annual valorisation, based on the performance of the candidate.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. (doctoral degree) in Chemistry, Material Physics and Chemistry, Materials Engineering, Inorganic Technology, or a closely related field.
- Experience with preparation and characterization of glass and ceramics.
- Experience with computational methods related to modelling the structure of glass, e.g., MD simulations.
- Excellent command of English (both writing and communication skills).
The position involves:
- Fundamental research in the preparation, and characterization of various types of glass and high entropy ceramics,
- MD simulations of the structure of HE ceramics,
- Active collaboration with other team members and academic partners,
- Co-supervision of PhD students,
- Ability to work independently in a team environment,
- Publish research results and give presentations at conferences,
Interested and qualified persons should submit (in English):
- Professional CV,
- A copy of Ph.D. certificate,
- A list of publications and research projects,
- A letter describing background and specific experience and capabilities pertaining to research activities,
- Copies of three recent first author publications,
- The name, address, and e-mail address of at least one reference.
Application with required documents should be sent to the address: Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, OPaM, Študentská 2, 911 50 Trenčín, Slovakia or by e-mail to: email@example.com until 14th July 2023. Please, mark the envelope by “Funglass”. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
Trenčín, 6th July 2023
Dušan Galusek Prof., DSc,
Director of FunGlass Centre