The Director of the Centre for Functional and Surface Functionalized Glass
of Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín
in accordance with the Law 131/2002 on Higher Education, the Law 552/2003 on the work in public interest and in accordance with the principles of selection process of university teachers, researchers, and chief officers of TnUAD
announces recruitment process for:
1 work position – Postdoctoral research associate at the Department of Coating Processes at the Centre for functional and surface functionalized glasses for the following research topic:
“Sol-gel coatings for anti-corrosion application”
There is immediate opening for position of postdoctoral research associate in the established Centre for functional and surface functionalized glasses at the Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, Slovakia, funded from the H2020 framework program project. The appointment is for at least two years with possible extension of the contract dependent upon research progress and quality of the scientific outputs. Position is open immediately upon completion of recruitment process and later start is negotiable. Salary will be commensurate with experience, training, and qualifications, in line with the rules of the European Commission on personal costs in the frame of the H2020 projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD (doctoral degree) in Material Science, Chemistry or related
- Specialization: Sol-gel films, anti-corrosive coatings, glass-ceramic coating
- Experience in sol-gel based system including synthesis of different kinds of materials and thin films processing such as spin coating or dip-coating.
- Experience in analyzing techniques like XRD, SEM/EDX, FTIR, Raman, Thermogravimetric analysis.
- Experience in Electroanalytical methods, Potentiostat/Galvanostat, Voltammetry, EIS
- Strong experience in surface analysis (XPS, AFM, ellipsometry, contact angle….)
- Good command of English (at least C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference).
The position involves:
- Fundamental and applied research in the area of corrosion science and sol-gel chemistry
- Active searching for research funding for the research programs pursued in the center,
- Research collaboration with industrial partners,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment,
- Publish research results and give presentations at scientific meetings,
- Written and oral communication, preparation and management of research proposals, research papers and scientific reports, analysis, and investigation of scientific problems.
- Good planning and organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
Interested and qualified persons should submit (in English):
- Professional CV,
- A copy of PhD certificate (or after completion of PhD thesis)
- A list of publications and research projects,
- A letter describing background and specific experience and capabilities pertaining to research activities,
- Copies of three first author recent publications,
- The name, address, and e-mail address of at least one reference.
- Shortlist should provide brief research plan.
Application with required documents should be sent to the address: Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, OPaM, Študentská 2, 911 50 Trenčín, Slovakia or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org until 10th October 2022. Please, mark the envelope by “Funglass”.
Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
Trenčín, 5th September 2022
Dušan Galusek Prof., DSc,
Director of FunGlass Centre