The Director of the Centre for Functional and Surface Functionalized Glass
of Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín
in accordance with the Law 131/2002 on Higher Education, the Law 552/2003 on the work in public interest and in accordance with the principles of selection process of university teachers, researchers and chief officers of TnUAD
announces recruitment process for the work position:
Postdoctoral research associate
–in the Joint Glass Centre of the Institute of Inorganic Chemistry of the Slovak Academy of Sciences, the Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, and The Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology of the Slovak University of Technology, a research department of the Centre for Functional and Surface Functionalized Glass, in the field of the:
Measurement of mechanical properties of glasses and other scientific – research, innovation activities within individual domain for intelligent specialization
There is immediate opening for 1 position of postdoctoral research associate in the established Centre for functional and surface functionalized glass at the Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, Slovakia, funded from structural fund CEGLASS ITMS 2014+ code:313011R453. The appointment is for at least two years with possible extension of the contract dependent upon research progress and quality of the scientific outputs. Positions are open immediately upon completion of recruitment process, but later start is negotiable. Salary will be commensurate with experience, training, and qualifications.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicants should have a PhD (doctoral degree) in Chemistry, Material Science and Engineering or a closely related area; PhD title already awarded or expected before contract of employment.
- Experience in glass science including synthesis, processing, development and characterization of inorganic (glass) materials, having experience in testing and characterization of glass/ceramics to address their corrosion resistance
- Experience in operating advanced research facilities and analytical techniques like XRD, SEM/EDX, ICP OES,
- Background in determination of mechanical properties of brittle materials.
- Good command of English (at least B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference)..
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment,
The position involves:
- Fundamental and applied research in the area defined above,
- Research collaboration with partners of the Centre,
- Publication of research results and active participation/presentations at scientific meetings,
- Written and oral communication, preparation of research papers and scientific reports, analysis and investigation of scientific problems.
Interested and qualified persons should submit (in English):
- Professional CV,
- A copy of PhD certificate (or after completion of PhD thesis)
- A list of publications and research projects,
- A letter describing background and specific experience related to the research topic specified above and capabilities pertaining to research activities,
- The name, address, and e-mail address of at least one reference.
- The criminal record – in case of successful completion of the tender.
Application with required documents should be sent to the address: Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, OPaM, Študentská 2, 911 50 Trenčín, Slovakia or by e-mail to: email@example.com until 30. 06. 2020. Please, mark the envelope by “Funglass”.
Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
Trenčín, 15. 6. 2020
Dušan Galusek Prof., DSc,
Director of FunGlass Centre