The Director of the Centre for Functional and Surface Functionalized Glass
of Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín
in accordance with the Law 131/2002 on Higher Education, the Law 552/2003 on the work in public interest and in accordance with the principles of selection process of university teachers, researchers, and chief officers of TnUAD announces recruitment process for the work position:
1 work position – Postdoctoral research associate position in the Department of Coating Processes of the Centre for Functional and Surface Functionalized Glass, in the field of the :
Deposition of smart coatings by PECVD/PVD methods
In the context of scientific and innovation activities of the project CEGLASS (most importantly preparation of new materials and their development in semi operational conditions)
There is immediate opening for new positions of postdoctoral research associate in established Centre for functional and surface functionalized glass at the Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, Slovakia, funded from structural fund CEGLASS ITMS 2014+ code:313011R453. The appointment is for at least two years with possible extension of the contract dependent upon research progress and quality of the scientific outputs (both positions must be sustained by the Centre at least until 2029). Positions are open immediately upon completion of recruitment process, but later start is negotiable. Salary will be commensurate with experience, training, and qualifications.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicants should have a PhD (doctoral degree) in Chemistry, Material Science and Engineering or a closely related area; PhD title already awarded or expected before contract of employment.
- Experience in glass science including synthesis, processing, development, and characterization of inorganic (glass) materials.
- Specialization in: Surface engineering, Smart coating, especially in PECVD and PVD methods
- Experience in operating advanced research facilities and analytical techniques like XRD, SEM/EDX, XPS and Raman spectroscopy.
- Good command of English (at least B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment,
The position involves:
- Fundamental and applied research in the area defined above,
- Research collaboration with partners of the Centre,
- Publication of research results and active participation/presentations at scientific meetings,
- Written and oral communication, preparation of research papers and scientific reports, analysis, and investigation of scientific problems.
Interested and qualified persons should submit (in English):
- Professional CV,
- A copy of PhD certificate (or after completion of PhD thesis)
- A list of publications and research projects,
- A letter describing background and specific experience related to the research topic specified above and capabilities pertaining to research activities,
- Copies of three first author recent publications,
- The name, address, and e-mail address of at least one reference.
- Shortlist should provide brief research plan.
Application with required documents should be sent to the address: Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, OPaM, Študentská 2, 911 50 Trenčín, Slovakia or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org until 25th March 2021. Please, mark the envelope by “Ceglass”.
Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
Trenčín, 4th February 2021
Dušan Galusek Prof., DSc,
Director of FunGlass Centre