At the beginning of this academic year 2021/ 2022, five PhD students have left to FunGlass partner institutions for a long-term training stay:
- Haritha Ajitha Haridasan and Udhaya Kumar Aruchamy to Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior De Investigaciones Cientificas in Madrid, Spain;
- Akrity Anand to Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany;
- Mai Phuong Truong and Bruno Wolfrum to Friedrich Schiller University Jena in Germany.
- One doctoral student Mokhtar Mahmoud is in Padova at Department of Industrial Engineering from June 2021.
Doctoral research topics developed in cooperation with advanced partners:
- Akrity Anand: Tailoring the dissolution kinetics of mesoporous ion-doped bioactive glasses under different conditions for drug delivery applications, supervisors: Dr. Dagmar Galusková (FunGlass) and prof. Aldo R. Boccaccini (FAU)
- Haritha Ajitha Haridasan: Multifunctional glass coatings by sol-gel for different applications, supervisors: José Joaquín Velázquez García (FunGlass) and prof. Alicia Durán (CSIC)
- Mai Phuong Truong: Transparent nano-glass ceramics for up and down conversion, supervisors: assoc. prof. Robert Klement, PhD. (FunGlass) and prof. Lothar Wondraczek (FSU)
- Bruno Wolfrum: Oxide phosphors for solid state illumination and spectral conversion, supervisors: assoc. prof. Robert Klement, PhD. (FunGlass) and prof. Lothar Wondraczek (FSU)
- Udhaya Kumar Aruchamy: Corrosion protection of metal using integrated self-healing system, supervisors: prof. Dušan Galusek, DSc. (FunGlass) and prof. Alicia Durán (CSIC)
- Mokhtar Mahmoud: Second life of waste glasses and application of glass microspheres in advanced 3D glass structures“, supervisors: Dr. Jozef Kraxner (FunGlass) and prof. Enrico Bernardo (UNIPD)