We would like to inform you about the scheme of EIC – European Innovation Council (EIC), which is a key novelty of Horizon Europe and represents the most ambitious innovation initiative that Europe has taken, with a budget of €10 billion for the period 2021-2027.
The EIC has a mission to identify, develop and scale-up breakthrough technologies and disruptive innovations.
The EIC will support: Start-ups, SMEs and Research teams developing: high-risk, high-impact breakthrough innovation, with a particular focus on scaling up game-changing solutions that contribute to the objectives of the European Green Deal and the Recovery Plan for Europe.
The first calls for applicants are planned to be released on 18-MAR-2021 – when it is possible to join 2-day launch event to know more about the vision of the EIC and on what is behind its funding opportunities.
The events will be web-streamed on the EUScienceInnov YouTube channel. No registration is needed.
18 March (9.30 – 11.30 CET)
- Statements from Heads of States and EU institutions
- Short specific sessions on the contribution of the EIC to Europe’s economic recovery: EIC for building businesses from breakthrough science
Speakers: Ingmar Hoerr (Founder and former CEO of CureVac), Silvia Scaglione (President of React4Life) and Louis de Lillers (CEO of CorWave)
Moderator: Chris Sisserian (Sifted)
- EIC for investing in Deep Tech.
Speakers: Hermann Hauser (Amadeus Capital), Veronika Oudova (Co-Founder and CEO of S-Biomedic) + other to be confirmed
Moderator: Robin Wauters (Tech.EU)
- EIC for creating innovation ecosystems for sustainability
Speakers: Jim Snabe (Chair, Siemens) + other to be confirmed
Moderator: Jean-Eric Paquet (Director-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission)
- Applicants’ day
19 March (9.30 – 16.30 CET)
- For potential beneficiaries and stakeholders, the applicant day will provide concrete information on how the EIC works, how to apply, who is eligible, etc.
- Sessions will include information on funding opportunities for research teams, start-ups, SMEs and investors.