During May 20 – 22, 2019, we met for the third time at the FunGlass School which took place again in Čertov – Lazy pod Makytou.
As usual, FunGlass School seminar was divided into Scientific and Complementary skills sessions. The scientific part focused on various research topics of our postdoc colleagues and PhD students. The abstracts from their presentations will be published in Book of Abstracts .
The complementary part of the seminar included presentations on
- FunGlass Centre progress: where we are and what we achieved during the last months or where we can improve,
- institutional funding of research in Slovakia and performance measurement at FunGlass,
- FunGlass project challenges for upcoming months.
The complementary program was complemented by the presentation by Ms. Iveta Hermanovská, National NCP Coordinator for Horizon2020 of the Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information. Mrs. Hermanovská presented the relevant topics and types of actions of Horizon 2020 and focused especially on introducing the Twinning and MSCA actions to the seminar´s participants.
As a part of teaming with advanced partners, Dr. Arish Dasan recently returned back from his long-term training stay, shared his first-hand experience from Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Padova, Italy.
The ‘FunGlass school’ is based on the summer school concept described in the Grant Agreement of the FunGlass project, intended as a set of condensed training periods for all FunGlass employees and aiming to be one of the key elements of education and training beyond the specialized, individual work programs. Some of the goals of the school include training in the presentation of scientific results, learning of interdisciplinary research, interdisciplinary & intercultural communication, mastering skills, such as management, writing and presentation of projects, fundraising of projects and grants, etc..
PROGRAM_FunGlass School 2019_1
BOOK OF ABSTRACTS Čertov
FunGlass School Principles:
- Organized twice a year (Spring and Fall) as an intensive offsite training camp for all employees and PhD students of the Centre
- The agenda is divided into two parts: a) scientific part and b) complementary skills / outreach activities
- All participating FunGlass researchers/doctoral students present their scientific results.
Big thanks goes to our colleague Vanda Mokráňová, as well as all other colleagues involved in the organization of this successful event!