- Inorganic technology and materials
- Glass Science Technology
- Basic, advanced and applied research in field of glass and ceramics
The main research interests are glass properties, mainly in connection with the glass science and technology and cooperation with the glass industry in the following main research topics: optimalization and energy efficient glass melting and finning process, energy savings by reduction of heat losses and waste heat recovery, glass melting with low emissions, corrosion of refractories and also preparation of new materials from waste glass such as glass and glass-ceramic foams, solid, hollow and porous glass and glass-ceramic microspheres for various application and preparation of glass-ceramic materials based on YAG by hot press technique.
International projects: (name of the project, your position)
- FunGlass (FunGlass – Centre for Functional and Surface Functionalized Glass)
- Publications in scientific journals: 17
- Invited lectures: 1
- Citations: 89
The most significant publications (if you have too much, it can be from the last 5 years, and please sort it according to year):
1. Kraxner, J., Chovanec, J., Haladejová, K., Petríková, I., Galusek, D.Hollow polycrystalline YAG microspheres by flame synthesis(2017) Materials Letters, 204, pp. 181-183. DOI: 10.1016/j.matlet.2017.05.108
2. Chovanec, J., Svoboda, R., Kraxner, J., Černá, A., Galusek, D.Crystallization kinetics of the Y3Al5O12 glass(2017) Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 725, pp. 792-799. DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2017.07.191
3. Šimurka, P., Kraxner, J., Vrábel, P., Paučo, T.Corrosion of AZS refractories – Source of defects in tableware glass(2016) Ceramic Engineering and Science Proceedings, 37 (1), pp. 89-102.
4. Prnová, A., Domanická, A., Klement, R., Kraxner, J., Polovka, M., Pentrák, M., Galusek, D., Šimurka, P., Kozánková, J.Er- and Nd-doped yttrium aluminosilicate glasses: Preparation and characterization(2011) Optical Materials, 33 (12), pp. 1872-1878. DOI: 10.1016/j.optmat.2011.03.008
5. Klement, R., Kraxner, J., LišKa, M.Spectroscopic analysis of iron doped glasses with composition close to the e-glass a preliminary study(2009) Ceramics – Silikaty, 53 (3), pp. 180-183.