- Engineering, fabrication, and performance evaluation of ceramics for biomedical applications
- Thermal spray processes
- Additive manufacturing processes
- Cell culture and molecular biology
- Biomedical engineering
- Centre for Functional and Surface-Functionalized Glasses supported by the 8th European Framework programme for Research and Innovation HORIZON 2020. 2021. Researcher.
- Development of radio-opaque bio-glass/hydroxyapatite coatings deposited by thermal spraying for biomedical applications, Institut de Recherche sur les Céramiques IRCER, France – National Laboratory of Thermal Spray CENAPROT-CINVESTAV México 2019. Coordinator – Researcher.
- Characterization of synthesized hydroxyapatite powders and feasibility analysis of their use as precursor powders in the manufacture of thermal spray coatings. Othopowders®. France-Tunisia. 2017. Coordinator – Researcher.
- Biological evaluation of Liofix® medical devices according to ASTM F158-2008 and ISO 10993-5 standards. Colombia-Mexico. 2015. Researcher.
- Consolidation of Thermal Spray National Laboratory CENAPROT. ID: 293429. Mexico. 2018. Researcher
- Thermal Spray National Laboratory ID: 279738. Mexico. 2017. Researcher
- Study of the bond coat in the TiO2/HAp coating system deposited by HVOF thermal spray for biomedical applications. Master Thesis. 2015. Coordinator – Researcher
- Pilot plant for the manufacture of uncemented total hip replacement with the development of advanced hydroxyapatite coatings and biocompatibility protocols. PROINNOVA, ID: 211676. Mexico. 2014. Researcher
- Development of thermal spray hydroxyapatite coatings for biomedical applications. INNOVAPYME, ID: 198898. Mexico 2013
- Synthesis of nano-structured hydroxyapatite from eggshells for medical applications. 2012. Colombia. 2012. Researcher
- Publications in scientific journals: 4
- Contributed lectures at conferences: 7
- Citations: 28
- Patent: 1
The most significant publications :
- “Método para Generar un Recubrimiento Graduado de Hidroxiapatita/Titania por Medio de HVOF”. Dec 2, 2019. Patent Issuer Number MX14464.
- Bovine-derived hydroxyapatite coatings deposited by high-velocity oxygen-fuel and atmospheric plasma spray processes: A comparative study. J. Surf. & Coat. Tech. January (2020) 381 :125 – 193.
- Effect of HVOF Process Parameters on TiO2 Coatings: An Approach Using DoE and First-Order Process Maps. J. of Thermal Spray Tech. August (2019). 28 (6) :1160–117.
- Influence of HVOF parameters on HAp coating generation: An integrated approach using process maps J. Surf. & Coat. Tech. (2019) 358 :299-307.
- HVOF Hydroxyapatite/Titania-Graded Coatings: Microstructural, Mechanical, and In Vitro Characterization. J Therm. Spray. Tech. (2018) 27:1302–1321.
- Bioactivity Analysis of Radio-opaque BG45S5/Bi2O3 Coatings deposited by Thermal Spray at the International Thermal Spray Conference 2019, American society of materials, Yokohama – Japan.
- Bioactivity analysis of hydroxyapatite coatings obtained from biowaste by HVOF- and APS-processes. 8th Rencontres Internationales sur la Projection Thermique, Limoges– France. 2018.
- Deposition of Hydroxyapatite Obtained from Biowaste by HVOF – and APS- Processes. International Thermal Spray Conference 2017, American society of materials, Düsseldorf – Germany
- In-Vitro Analysis of Cell Viability of an Optimized TiO2 Bond-Coat Deposited by HVOF for Biomedical Applications. World Biomaterials Congress 2016 Montreal – Canada.
- First Stages of TiO2 Coatings as Bond Coat Obtained by HVOF for Biomedical Applications. International Materials Research Congress 2015 Mexican Society of Materials, Cancún – México
Study part: Profile subjects:
Inorganic technologies and materials II
Nanomaterials for biomedical applications
- 2019, PhD. on Ceramic Materials and Surface Treatments. Université de Limoges. École Doctorale Sciences et Ingénierie des Matériaux, Mécanique, Énergétique. Thesis: Development of radio-opaque bio-glass/hydroxyapatite coatings deposited by thermal spraying for biomedical applications.
- 2019, Ph.D. on Materials Sciences. Centro de Investigación y de Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politécnico Nacional CINVESTAV – Unidad Querétaro. Materials Department. Thesis: Development of radio-opaque bio-glass/hydroxyapatite coatings deposited by thermal spraying for biomedical applications.
- 2015, M. Sc. Materials Sciences. Centro de Investigación y de Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politécnico Nacional CINVESTAV – Unidad Querétaro. Materials Department. Thesis: Study of the Bond Coating in the TiO2/HAp Coating System Deposited by Thermal Spraying (HVOF) For Biomedical Applications.
- 2012, Eng. Biomedical Engineering. Universidad Autónoma de Occidente. Engineering Department. Thesis: Identification of electrical and optical marker of cardiac troponin I in silicon carbide (SiC) irradiated with CO2 laser and not irradiated.
Awards, scholarships and research stays:
- Doctoral Eiffel Excellence Scholarship, Campus France, 2018.
- Doctoral Regional Scholarship. Nouvelle-Aquitaine Government. 2017.
- Doctoral Mixta Scholarship, Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología CONACyT, 2017.
- Doctoral National Scholarship, Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología CONACyT, 2016.
- Masters National Scholarship, Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología CONACyT. 2013.
- Excellence Prize for Biomedical Engineering. Universidad Autónoma de Occidente. 2007.