- Photoactive nanomaterials
- Photo/catalysis, waste water treatment, hydrogen production via water spliiting
- Sensing and adsoprtion
International projects: P2-0337; Heterogeneous photocatalytic processes on solid surfaces for sustainable technologies, Slovenian Research Agency (ARRS), 04/2019-07/2020, Researcher.
- Co-editor of Conference proceedings : NA
- Scientific monographs : NA
- Chapters in monogrphs : NA
- Publications in scientific journals: 32
- Contributed lectures at conferences: 03
- Invited lectures: 01
- Citations: 455
The most significant publications :
- Singh J, Kaur S, Lee J, Mehta A, Kumar S, Kim KH, Basu S, Rawat M. Highly fluorescent carbon dots derived from Mangifera indica leaves for selective detection of metal ions. Science of the Total Environment. 2020.
- Dashairya L, Mehta A, Saha P, Basu S. Visible-light-induced enhanced photocatalytic degradation of Rhodamine-B dye using BixSb2-xS3 solid-solution photocatalysts. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. 2020.
- Mehta A, Mishra A, Basu S, Shetti NP, Reddy KR, Saleh TA, Aminabhavi TM. Band gap tuning and surface modification of carbon dots for sustainable environmental remediation and photocatalytic hydrogen production–A review. Journal of environmental management.
- Mishra A, Mehta A, Basu S, Aminabhavi M. Graphitic carbon nitride (g-C3N4)-based metal-free photocatalysts for water splitting: A review. Carbon. 2019.
- Dongre R, Sadasivuni K, Deshmukh K, Mehta A, Basu S. Natural polymer based composite membranes for water purification: A review. Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering. 2019.
- Mehta A, Mishra A, Basu S. Highly Effective CQD/TiO2 Nanocomposite For Sensing of Toxic Metal Ions and Photodetoxification of Industrial Dyes with Kill Waste by Waste Concept. Material and Design.
- Mehta A, Mishra A, Basu S. Fluorescent Carbon Dots decorated MnO2 Nanorods for Complete Photomineralization of Phenol from Water. Environmental Science: Water Research & Technology.
- Mehta A, Mishra A, Basu S. Luminescent Carbon Quantum Dot-Au Nanoparticles System for Fluorescence Turn-on/off Detection of Biothiols. Plasmonics. 2018.
- Kaur N, Mehta A, Mishra A, Chaudhary S, Basu S. Amphiphilic Carbon Dots Derived By Cationic Surfactant For Selective And Sensitive Detection Of Metal Ions. Material Science and Engineering: C.
- Mishra A, Mehta A, Basu S. Clay supported TiO2 nanoparticles for photocatalytic degradation of environmental pollutants: A Review. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering. 2018
- Mishra A, Mehta A, Kaint S, Basu S. A comparative study on the effect of different precursors for synthesis and efficient photocatalytic activity of g-C3N4/TiO2/bentonite nanocomposites. Journal of Materials Science.
- Kainth S, Mishra A, Mehta A, Basu S. Implementation of a logic gate by chemically induced nitrogen and oxygen rich C-dots for the selective detection of fluoride ions. New Journal of Chemistry. 2018.
- Mishra A, Mehta A, Kainth S, Basu S. Effect of different plasmonic metals on photocatalytic degradation of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) by bentonite/M-TiO2 nanocomposites under UV/visible light. Applied Clay Science. 2018.
- Arora N, Mehta A, Mishra A. Nitrophenol Reduction Catalysed by Au-Ag Bimetallic Nanoparticles Supported in LDH: Homogeneous Vs. Heterogeneous Catalysis. Applied Clay Science. 2018.
- Mehta A, Pooja D, Thakur A, Basu S. Enhanced photocatalytic water splitting by gold carbon dot core shell nanocatalyst under visible/sunlight. New Journal of Chemistry. 2017.
- Mehta A, Basu S. Controlled photocatalytic hydrolysis of nitriles to amides by mesoporous MnO2 nanoparticles fabricated by mixed surfactant mediated approach. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry. 2017.
- Mehta A, Mishra A, Sharma M, Singh S, Basu S. Effect of silica/titania ratio on enhanced photooxidation of industrial hazardous materials by microwave treated mesoporous SBA-15/TiO2 Journal of Nanoparticle Research 2017.
- Mishra A, Mehta A, Sharma M, Basu S. Enhanced heterogeneous photodegradation of VOC and dye using microwave synthesized TiO2/Clay nanocomposites: A comparison study of different type of clays. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2017.
- Garg D, Mehta A, A Sensitive Turn Off – Turn On Fluorescent Probe For Detection Of Biothiols Using MnO2@Carbon Dots. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy.2017.
- Mehta A, Sharma M, Kumar A, Basu S. Effect of Au content on the enhanced photocatalytic efficiency of mesoporous Au/TiO2 nanocomposites in UV and sunlight. Gold Bulletin. 2017 Mar 1; 50(1):33-41
- Ph.D. (Chemistry) Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Patiala– INDIA. (2015- 2018)
Thesis: Catalytic and Optical Application of Metal oxide and Carbon Dot Nanostructures: Effect of Morphology and Concentration.
- Sc. (Chemistry) Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Patiala- INDIA. (2015)
Thesis: Synthesis of SBA-15/TiO2 nanocomposites and its photocatalytic activity for the degradation of Hazardous organic pollutants.
- B.Sc. (General Chemistry) Kurukshetra University, Thanesar, Haryana– INDIA. (2013)
Awards, scholarships and research stays:
Post Doctoral Fellowship: Material Research Laboratory, University of Nova Gorica, Slovenia, 03/2019-07/2020.
Best Poster Award: National Conference on Material Science Applications in Energy and Environment at DAV Jalandhar, Punjab-INDIA, 17/03/2018.
Assistant Professor: Department of Chemistry, JAN NAYAK CHAUDHARY, DEVI LAL VIDYAPEETH SIRSA-INDIA, 12/11/2018-07/03/2019.
Teaching Associate: School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala– INDIA, 07/2015-06/2017.