The official website of the Slovak Government Office dedicated to Coronavirus in Slovakia: https://www.korona.gov.sk/
In relation with the corona virus outbreak, the following measures come to effect:
- With immediate effect, no visitors are allowed at the university, congress centre or student dormitories.
- For 14 days, starting from Monday, March 16:
- no students are allowed at the university: any teaching activities will be organised individually, via Skype. Teachers and supervisors: please contact immediately all your students, and instruct them how and when you will be available for consultations.
- all employees stay at home as follows:
- those employees with vacation still left from the year 2019 are on compulsory vacation, until all vacation days from 2019 are spent. If in doubt how many days you have left from 2019, please contact Marcela.
- after that, all employees will have home office, with full compensation of salary. However, you are not eligible for lunch tickets.
- if needed, in exceptional cases, you can come to the university: the security is instructed to allow you into the building for necessary period of time, but no laboratory works are to be carried out. If you come to the university, do NOT use your card to register the working hours.
- For home office, fill the form sent to you by Daniela yesterday, specifying the activities you are going to carry out at home, and send it to her by email.
- During the home office, it is obligatory for everyone to be accessible by email and mobile phone from 9:00 till 14:00.
- For the employees staying in congress centre and students staying in dormitory:
- No visitors
- All visits to foreign countries are strictly forbidden. If, despite of this, you will travel to any foreign country, you will not be allowed back to the dormitory and will be repatriated to your home country.
- For the employees and students at training stays at partner institutions:
- If you have your own private apartment, you can come back to Slovakia if you wish, but you will be obliged to go through a 14 days compulsory home quarantine. If you violate this rule, you will be fined 1650 €.
- If you do not have your own private apartment, but stay in congress centre or dormitory, you will not be allowed to come back and you MUST stay where you are.
- General guidelines:
- Department heads are responsible for managing the home office activities of their employees.
- All employees and PhD students are requested to follow regularly their mailbox, and FG website on the updates of the situation.
- If in doubt, or need any clarification, do not hesitate to contact me, Daniela, or any other relevant member of FG staff.
- Follow regularly updates on the situation in local and national media.
- If you feel unwell, and have suspicion that you might be infected, report immediately the medical authorities, and send an email or SMS to your department head.
I sincerely hope that these measures, however harsh they may appear, will reduce to minimum the risk of infection, and will help us to go through this difficult time safely and together. I wish you all good luck.
With my best regards,
Prof. Dušan Galusek