Metal oxide (MOX) nanostructures, glass ceramics, thin film deposition (PVD), nanomaterial synthesis, bottom-up approaches, hydrothermal, thermal oxidation, electrochemical deposition, surface modifications, material characterization, optical and electrical characterization, conductometric gas analysis, photocatalysts, water splitting, H2 production
- HORIZON 2020, WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017-TeamingPhase2, Centre for functional and surface-functionalized glasses, 02.2021 – 02.2023, Trencin, Slovakia, Researcher.
- CERIC-ERIC Project, No: 20182054, ‘Surface doping of nanostructured MOX chemical sensors by ion beam irradiation.’, 3-10.09.2018 and 23-29.09.2018, Belgrade, Serbia Research Fellow.
- COST ACTION TD1105 ‘European Network on New Sensing Technologies for Air-Pollution Control and Environmental Sustainability’ (EuNetAir), 04.2016 – 04.2018, Research Fellow.
- COST ACTION MP1202 ‘Rational design of hybrid organic-inorganic interfaces: the next step towards advanced functional materials.’ (HINT), 04.2016 – 04.2018, Research Fellow.
- University of Brescia, Research Project, ‘Metal oxide chemical sensors on organic substrates.’, 01.11.2019 – 31.01.2020, Brescia, Italy, Postdoctoral Fellow.
- TUBITAK Project No: 113F403, ‘The Synthesis and Characterization of Metal Oxide/Organic Nano-Heterostructures, and the Investigation of Their Electronic and Gas Sensing Properties’, 01.04.2016 -01.04.2018, Kocaeli, Turkey, Research Assistant.
- publications in Scientific journals (WOS): 6
- citations (SCI): 100+
- conference papers: 4
The most significant publications:
- Sisman, D. Zappa, E. Bolli, S. Kauicuilus, M. Erick, S. Petrovic and E. Comini, “Influence of Iron and Nitrogen Ion Beams Exposure on CuO Nanowires and Their Gas Sensing Properties”, Sensors & Actuators B (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2020.128579.
- Vassalini, O. Sisman, E. Comini, I. Alessandri, “The role of morphology and geometric factors in all-dielectric SERS: A comparison between conformal (T-rex) and non conformal TiO2 shells”, -Vibrational Spectroscopy, 103085 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vibspec.2020.103085.
- Sisman, N. Kaur, G. Sberveglieri, E. Nunez-Carmona, V. Sberveglieri, E. Comini, “UV-Enhanced Humidity Sensing of Chitosan–SnO2 Hybrid Nanowires”- Nanomaterials, 10, 329 (2020) 1-10. https://doi.org/10.3390/nano10020329
- Sisman, N. Poli, D. Zappa, E. Comini, “Synthesis of nanoporous TiO2 with the use of diluted hydrogen peroxide solution and its application in gas sensing”-Coatings, 9, 681 (2019) 1-12. doi:10.3390/coatings9100681.
- Zappa, V. Galstyan, N. Kaur, H.M.M. Munasinghe Arachchige, O. Sisman, E. Comini, “Metal oxide-based heterostructures for gas sensors”- A review, Anal. Chim. Acta. 1039 (2018) 1–23. DOI:10.1016/j.aca.2018.09.020.
- O. Şişman, N. Kılınç, Z.Z. Öztürk, “Structural, electrical and H2 sensing properties of copper oxide nanowires on glass substrate by anodization”, Sensors Actuators B Chem. 236 (2016) 1118–1125. DOI:10.1016/J.SNB.2016.06.148.
- 2013: B.S.: Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara, Turkey B.S. & M.S. (5-year program) Physics Education.
- 2016: M.S.: Gebze Technical University, Kocaeli, Turkey, Department of Physics.
Thesis title: Fabrication of Organic/p-type Semiconducting Metal Oxide Hybrid Structures for Gas Sensing Applications.
- 2020: Ph.D.: University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy, Information Engineering-Physics Curriculum.
Thesis title: Strategies to Enhance the Performances of Metal Oxide Gas Sensors.
Awards, scholarships and research stays:
- Research Stay, 3-10 & 23-29 Sept. 2018, Vinca Nuclear Institute, Belgrade, Serbia Participation to Ion Beam Irradiation Experiments in FAMA Facility granted by CERIC (Proj. No: 20182054).
- Short Course- ISOCS-SNIFFPHONE ‘Breath Analysis with Chemical Sensor Arrays’, 5-10 March 2017, P. di Legno, Brescia.
- 4th Training School, ‘Modelling, Methods, and Technologies for Air Quality Control’, 19-22 April 2016, Aarhus University, Copenhagen organized by COST Action TD1105 EuNetAir.
- Short Term Scientific Mission, “Investigation of CO and NH3 sensing of CuO nanowires&their heterostructures with organics” 11 Jan – 5 Feb 2016, Barcelona University, Barcelona granted by COST Action TD1105 EuNetAir.
- Training School, ‘Bottom-Up Approaches of Hybrid Materials: Preparation and Design’, 26-28 May 2015, Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, organized by COST Action MP1202 HINT.
- 2nd Training School, ‘Optimized operation of solid-state gas sensors for environmental technologies and air quality monitoring’, 31 Mar-2 Apr 2014, Saarland University, Saarbrücken, organized by COST Action TD1105 EuNetAir.
- Various Awards in Local and National Chess Championships, 1999-2001, Turkey
- Served as reviewer for Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical.
- Membership of Collegio Universitario Luigi Lucchini, 2016-2019
Attended several trainings, presentations, courses, on social and educational topics.
- Membership of EuNetAir (Cost Action TD1105), 2014-2016
Attended several training schools, scientific meetings, STSM Program.
- Membership of Disability Support Center of METU, 2009-2010
Volunteer, giving math courses for disabled students
- Membership of METU-MOST (Motor and Automobile Sports Club), 2007-2010
Attending national and international car races in Turkey as referee