- Plasma Deposition Techniques (PECVD & PVD)
- Thin Film and surface analysis
- Bio Surface Engineering
- Thermal Spray Coatings
- HORIZON 2020, WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017-TeamingPhase2, Centre for functional and surface-functionalized glasses, 02.2021 – 02.2023, Trencin, Slovakia, Researcher.
- Grant Awarded from CEGLASS project for doing research in Nano Research Infrastructure group at Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC) in Brno, Czech Republic.
National projects: (name of the project, year, your position)
- Isfahan University of Technology, Oxidation Resistant Coating, 04/2012 – 08/2013, Isfahan, Iran, Researcher
- Tehran Polytechnic, Fabrication and Characterization of Plasma Coatings, 08/2014 – 08/2017, Tehran, Iran, Research Assistant
- Research Center, Isfahan University of Technology, HSLA Steels, 07/2020-02/2021, Isfahan, Iran
- Co-editor of Conference proceedings: 1
- Chapters in monogrphs: 1
- Publications in scientific journals: 13
- Contributed lectures at conferences: 6
- Citations: 291
- Book : 1
The most significant publications:
- Amirhossein pakseresht, Omid Sharifahmadian, “Handbook of Research on Tribology in Coatings and Surface Treatment: Technology, Properties, and Applications”, IGI Global Publication, USA, 2022.
- Omid Sharifahmadian, Amirhossein Pakseresht, Dušan Galusek “Fabrication of robust hydrophobic carbon based film on glass substrate by Plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition (PECVD)” Czech and Slovak Conference on Glass 2022, 2022, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Omid Sharifahmadian, Chongpu Zhai, Juichien Hung, Ghazal Shineh, Callum A.C. Stewart, Arifah A. Fadzil, Mihail Ionescug, Yixiang Gan, Steven G. Wise, Behnam Akhavan “Mechanically robust nitrogen-rich plasma polymers: Biofunctional interfaces for surface engineering of biomedical implants”, Materials Today Advances,12, 100188, 2021.
- Omid Sharifahmadian, Ashokraja Chandrasekar, Amirhossein Pakseresht, “Preparation and Fabrication of Yttria-Stabilized-Zirconia (YSZ) Coatings by Electrophoretic Deposited (EPD) Process” Processing And Properties Of Advanced Ceramics And Glasses, October 13-15, 2021, Osrblie, Slovakia.
- Michiel Croesa, Behnam Akhavan, Omid Sharifahmadian, Haiyang Fane, Raya Mertense, Richard P. Tand, Aliza Chunarac, Arifah A. Fadzil, Steven G. Wised, Moyo C. Kruyta, Sebastiaan Wijdicksa, Wim E. Henninkh, Marcela M.M. Bilek, Saber Amin Yavaria, “A multifaceted engineering platform to improve the longevity of orthopedic implants”, Acta Biomaterialia, 2020.
- Omid Sharifahmadian, Farzad Mahboubi. “RSM study on the influence of nitrogen flow rate and deposition temperature on the tribological properties of nitrogen doped diamond-like carbon coating”, Surfaces and Interfaces, 19, 100407, 2020.
- Omid Sharifahmadian, Farzad Mahboubi, “Comprehensive tribological study of optimized N-DLC/DLC coatings fabricated by active screen DC-pulsed PACVD technique”, Ceramics International, 2019.
- Omid Sharifahmadian, Farzad Mahboubi, Sepehr Yazdani, “Comparison between corrosion behaviour of DLC and N-DLC coatings deposited by DC-pulsed PACVD technique”, Diamond and Related Materials, 2019, 95, 60-70.
- Omid Sharifahmadian, Farzad Mahboubi. “A comparative study of microstructural and tribological properties of N-DLC/DLC double layer and single layer coatings deposited by DC-pulsed PACVD process”, Ceramics International, 2019.
- Omid Sharifahmadian, Farzad Mahboubi. Ata Oskouie, “Structural evolution and tribological behavior of nitrogen-doped DLC coatings deposited by pulsed DC PACVD method”, Diamond and Related Materials, 2019, 91, 74-83.
- Sepehr Yazdani, Farzad Mahboubi, Reaz Tima, Omid Sharifahmadian, “Effect of CNTs concentration on the corrosion behaviour of the electroless Ni-B-CNT coating”, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 28, 3446–3459, 2019.
- Behnam Akhavan, Thomas D Michl, Carla Giles, Kitty Ho, Lewis Martin, Omid Sharifahmadian, Steven G Wise, Bryan R Coad, Naresh Kumar, Hans J Griesser, Marcela M Bilek, “Plasma activated coatings with dual action against fungi and bacteria”, Applied Materials Today,2018,12, 72-84.
- Sharifahmadian, H. Salimi Jazi, M. H. Fathi, J. Mostaghimi, L. Pershin,“Relationship between surface properties and antibacterial behavior of wire arc spray copper coatings”, Surface & Coatings Technology journal, Volume 233, 2013, Pages 74–79.
- Sharifahmadian, H. Salimi Jazi, M. H. Fathi, J. Mostaghimi, L. Pershin, “Study of the Antibacterial Behavior of Wire Arc Sprayed Copper Coatings”, Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, March 2013, Volume 22, Issue 2-3, pp 371-379.
- Sharifahmadian, H. Salimi Jazi, M. H. Fathi, J. Mostaghimi, L. Pershin, “Wire arc spray copper coatings for medical applications”, Proceedings of the International Thermal Spray (ASM International) Published: May 2012, pages 210-214.
- Sharifahmadian, H. Salimi Jazi, M. H. Fathi, J. Mostaghimi, L. Pershin, “Wire Arc Spray Copper Coatings in Medical Applications” International Thermal Spray 2012 Conference and Exposition May 21-24, 2012 Hilton Americas Houston, Texas USA.
- Sharifahmadian, H. Salimi Jazi, M. H. Fathi, J. Mostaghimi, L. Pershin, “Study the microstructure and antibacterial behavior of as-sprayed copper coatings” 3rd International Conference on Ultra Fine Grained and Nano-Structured Materials (UFGNSM 2011), 2011 Tehran, Iran.
- Sharifahmadian, H. Salimi Jazi, M. H. Fathi, “Preparation and Characterization of thermal spray copper coatings in medical application” 5th Joint Conference of Iranian Metallurgical Engineers Society and Iranian Foundry men’s Society, 2011, Isfahan, Iran.
Study part: Profile subjects:
Inorganic technologies and materials I
Coatings and thin films: preparation of characterization,
Supervisor of PhD. students
Experimental work I-IX, Publication activity I and II, Active participation in a conference I and II
- 2009: B. S.: Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran, Department of Materials Engineering, Extractive Metallurgy Engineering. Thesis: Synthesis and Characterization of Nano Forsterite – Hydroxyapatite Composite.
- 2012: M. S.: Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran, Department of Materials Engineering, Materials Engineering. Thesis: Preparation and Characterization of Wire Arc Sprayed Nanostructure Metallic Antibacterial Coating for Medical Application.
- 2019: Ph.D.: Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Tehran, Iran, Department of Mining and Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Engineering. Thesis: Effect of Nitrogen on The Properties of The Gradient Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating by active screen DC-pulsed PECVD technique.
- 2017: Visiting Scholar: The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia, The Applied Plasma and Surface Engineering Research Group, School of Engineering. Project Title: Design and Manufacturing of Plasma Polymer Coating on 3D Titanium Scaffold For Bone Implantations.
- 2021 & 2022: Visiting Scholar: Nano Research Infrastructure group at Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC) in Brno, Czech Republic. Project Title: Fabrication and characterization of hydrophobic and wear-resistant (F, Si) hydrogenated DLC film on glass substrate by PECVD technique.
Awards, scholarships and research stays:
- Training course in AGC company in Lauenförde, Germany to get training about the possibilities to fabricate thin films by utilizing FunGlass new pilot coater line machine.
- Doctoral thesis “ Effect of Nitrogen on The Properties of The Nano-Structured Gradient Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating by active screen DC-pulsed PECVD technique” awarded as a top thesis in Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran, 2019.
- Awarded scholarship from Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of iran for research opportunity in foreign, Iran, 2016.
- Awarded fellowship from National Elite Foundation for research project, Iran, 2014.
- Awarded fellowship from National Innovation Council, Iran, 2017.
- Top 5% ranked student among students of Extractive Metallurgy Engineering in B.Sc. degree in Isfahan University of Technology and accepted in M.Sc. without entrance exam as a superior student in this university.
- Top 10% ranked student among students of Materials Engineering in M.Sc. degree in Isfahan University of Technology.
- Served as reviewer and Editor in some international scientific journals.
- Membership of Slovak Glass Society.
- Membership of National Elite Foundation, Iran.
- Participation in some workshops, training schools, and scientific meetings.