I was an assistant researcher in Inorganic Chemical Industries and Mineral Resources Division, National Research Centre (NRC), Egypt. In 2017, I got a Master of Science in Chemistry, Cairo University. My scope interest was preparation and characterization dense and light glass and glass-ceramics with some significant properties.
I got a mobility programme into Silesian University of Technology, Poland, where I have accomplished some researches in Structural Engineering Department.
Throughout my work at NRC, I participated in two national projects, in addition to some scientific activities.
Dissertation topic: Second life of waste glasses, application of glass microspheres in advanced 3D glass structures
Supervisor: Dr. Jozef Kraxner
Co-supervisor: Prof. Enrico Bernardo
Department: Glass Processing Department
Beginning of study: September 2019
Date of dissertation exam: TBA
- A. Khater, Bassem S. Nabawy, Junfeng Kang, Yunlong Yue and M. A. Mahmoud, Magnetic and electrical properties of glass and glass-ceramics based on weathered basalt, Silicon Journal, (2020) https://doi: 10.1007/s12633-020-00391-8.
- Marcin Kozłowski, G. A. Khater, Piotr Olesik and M. A. Mahmoud, Preparation and characterization of lightweight glass-ceramic based on industrial wastes, Journal of Australian Ceramic Society,(2019) https://doi: 10.1007/s41779-019-00438-z.
- A. Khater, M. M. Gomaa,J. Kang and M. A. Mahmoud, Effect of CaO/SiO2 molar ratio on the electrical and physical properties of basaltic glass materials , Heliyon Journal, 5(2) (2019) p.1-17.
- A. Khater, Mohamed M. Gomaa, Junfeng Kang, Yunlong Yue and M. A. Mahmoud ,Thermal, electrical and physical properties of glasses based on basaltic rocks, Silicon Journal, (2019) https://doi.org/10.1007/s12633-019-00142-4
- A. Khater, B. S. Nabawy, J. Kang and M. A. Mahmoud, Dielectric properties of basaltic glass and glass-ceramics: Modeling and applications as insulators and semiconductors, Silicon Journal, 11(2) (2018) p 579–592.
- A. Khater, Yunlong Yue, M. O. Abu Safiah and M. A. Mahmoud , Synthesis and characterization of anorthite and magnetite glass-ceramics from basaltic rocks, Silicon Journal, Silicon, 11(4) (2018) p 1763-1774.
- G.A. Khater, M.R.Shehata, E.M.A.Hamzawy and M.A. Mahmoud, Preparation of glass-ceramic materials from basaltic rocks and by-pass cement dust, Glass Technology: European Journal of Glass Science and Technology Part A, 58 (1) (2017) p.17-25.
- G.A. Khater and M.A. Mahmoud, Preparation and characterization of nucleated glass-ceramics based on basaltic rocks, Journal of the Australian Ceramic Society, 52(8) (2017) p.1-9.
I participated in the following projects:
- Utilization of Sinai basaltic rocks for the production of construction materials
- Enhanced hydrogen evaluation at ceramic material modified electrode