Scientific background: Bioactive glasses, nanoparticles, sol-gel method, 3-d bioprinting, tissue engineering, osteogenesis, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, mesoporous silica nanoparticles, drug delivery applications
HORIZON 2020, WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017-TeamingPhase2, Centre for functional and surface-functionalized glasses, 10.2017 – 08.2021, Trencin, Slovakia, PhD Student
- Publications in scientific journals: 4
- Contributed lectures at conferences: 8
- Citations: 12
The most significant publications:
F. Kurtuldu, N. Mutlu, A. R. Boccaccini, and D. Galusek. “Gallium containing bioactive materials: A review of anticancer, antibacterial and osteogenic properties,” Bioactive Materials, 2022, doi: 10.1016/j.bioactmat.2021.12.034.
F. Kurtuldu, H. Kankova, A. M. Beltran, L. Liverani, D. Galusek, and A. R. Boccaccini, “Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial activities of cerium-containing mesoporous bioactive glass nanoparticles for drug-free biomedical applications,” Materials Today Bio, vol. 12, p. 100150, September 2021, doi: 10.1016/j.mtbio.2021.100150.
F. Kurtuldu, N. Mutlu, M. Michalek, K. Zheng, M. Masar, L. Liverani, S. Chen, D. Galusek, and A. R. Boccaccini, “Cerium and gallium containing mesoporous bioactive glass nanoparticles for bone regeneration: Bioactivity, biocompatibility and antibacterial activity,” Mater. Sci. Eng. C, vol. 124, p. 112050, May 2021, doi: 10.1016/j.msec.2021.112050.
F. Kurtuldu, A. Gökçe, and A. O. Kurt, “The effect of Mg(NO3)2 addition on the formation of AlN nanowire by direct nitridation,” J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron., vol. 29, no. 24, pp. 20688–20694, Dec. 2018, doi: 10.1007/s10854-018-0208-5.
- 2013, BSc, Kocaeli University, Engineering Faculty, Metallurgical and Material Engineering
- 2015, MSc, Gebze Technical University, Engineering Faculty, Materials Science and Engineering.
Thesis title: The effect of ZrO2 addition on glass-ceramic formation in bone-ash containing glasses.
- Expected 2022, Dr.Ing., Friedrich-Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Technical Faculty, Materials Science and Engineering
- Expected 2022, PhD, Alexander Dubcek University of Trenčin, FunGlass, Inorganic Technology and Non-metallic Materials
Phd Thesis title: Ion doped mesoporous bioactive glass nanoparticles with anti-bacterial activity and mineralization capability
Awards, scholarships and research stays:
- TUBITAK 2210-C Master’s Scholarship Program for Priority Areas
- Member of UCTEA chamber of metallurgical and materials engineers