- Additive manufacturing of glass and ceramics
- Polymer derived ceramics
- Ceramic matrix composites
- Bioactive materials
- Metal complexes of biological Interest
- HORIZON 2020, WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017-TeamingPhase2, Centre for functional and surface-functionalized glasses, 3/2017 – 2/2024, Researcher.
- Agence Nationale de la Recherche under Contract No.ANR-12-BS08-004-02 as well (CollZSiC: Elaboration de nanocomposites coeur/coquille ZrC/SiC): Development of MC- Polycarbosilane (M = Ti, Zr , Hf or Ta) hybrid suspensions for the generation of MC-SiC core-shell systems for ultra high temperature applications, 01/2016-12/2016, Post doctoral researcher.
- VSSC/RMT/9.0/274/2012, Vikram Sarabhai Space Center: Development of polymer derived ceramic matrix composites based hot structures like nose cap, wing leading edge and combustion chamber projects for future ISRO programme like RLV-TD/TSTO and semicryo engine, 01/2013-12/2015, Research associate.
- No. 5-38/NTS/Fellowship/2008-09, CIIL, Mysore: Synthesis, characterization, antimicrobial and DNA cleavage studies of some novel schiff base metal complex systems, 05/2009-05/2011, Research fellow.
- Publications in scientific journals: 27
- Conference proceedings : 02
- Technical report : 01
- Contributed lectures at conferences: 36+
- Invited lectures: 07
- Citations: 337+
The most significant publications:
- Arish D, Talimian A, Jozef K, Dusan G, Hamada E, Enrico B, Åkermanite glass microspheres: preparation and perspectives of sinter-crystallization, Int. J. Appl. Glass Sci.(2021).
- Shiju C, Arish D, Bhuvanesh N and Kumaresen S, Synthesis, characterization and biological studies of a sterically hindered symmetrical nitrogen donor ligand and its metal complexes, Polyhedron (2021).
- Arish D, Hamada E, Jozef K, Dusan G, Paolo C, Enrico B, Engineering of silicone-based mixtures for the digital light processing of akermanite scaffolds, J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. 40, 2020, 2566-2572.
- Hamada E, Martiniano P, Arish D, Jozef K, Dusan G, Enrico B, Glass powders and reactive silicone binder: Application to digital light processing of bioactive glass-ceramic scaffolds, Ceram. Int. 46,2020, 25299-25305.
- Arish D, Romain L, Etienne L, Cassandre P, Sylvie F, Towards a surface functionalisation and grafting of a polycarbosilane onto zirconium carbide particles for the development of hybrid core-shell structures, Appl.Surf.Sci. 495, 2019, 143409.
- Arish D, Hamada E, Jozef K, Dusan G, Enrico B, Hierarchically Porous 3D-printed Akermanite Scaffolds from Silicones and Engineered Fillers, J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. 39, 2019, 4445-4449.
- John, Arish D, R. S.Joseyphus, H. Joe, Molecular docking, structural characterization, DFT and cytotoxicity studies of metal(II) Schiff base complexes derived from thiophene-2-carboxaldehyde and l-histidine, J. Mol. Struct. 1198, 2019, 126934.
- Hamada E, Martiniano P, Arish D, Jozef K, Dusan G, Enrico B, Glass powders and reactive silicone binder: Interactions and application to additive manufacturing of bioactive glass-ceramic scaffolds, Ceram. Int. 45,2019, 13740-13746.
- Shiju C, Arish D and Kumaresen S, Synthesis, Characterization, Cytotoxicity, DNA Cleavage, and Antimicrobial Activity of Lanthanide(III) Complexes of a Schiff Base Ligand Derived from Glycylglycine and 4-Nitrobenzaldehyde, Arabian J. Chem., 10, 2017, S2584-S2591.
- Nair MS, Arish D and Johnson J, Synthesis, characterization and biological studies on some metal complexes with Schiff base ligand containing pyrazolone moiety, J. Soudi Chem. Soc., 20, 2016, S591–S598.
- Shiju C, Arish D, Bhuvanesh N and Kumaresen S, Synthesis, Characterization, and Biological Evaluation of Schiff Base-Platinum(II) Complexes, Spectrochim.Acta Part A, 145, 2015, 213-222.
- Joseyphus RS, Shiju C, Joseph J, Dhanaraj CJ and Arish D, Synthesis and characterization of metal complexes of Schiff base ligand derived from imidazole-2-carboxaldehyde and 4-aminoantipyrin, Spectrochim.Acta Part A, 133, 2014, 149-155.
- Shiju C, Arish D and Kumaresen S, Homodinuclear Lanthanide Complexes of Phenylthiopropionic Acid: Synthesis, Characterization, Cytotoxicity, DNA Cleavage, and Antimicrobial Activity, Spectrochim.Acta Part A, 105, 2013, 532-538.
- Nair MS, Arish D and Josephus RS, Synthesis, characterization, antifungal, antibacterial and DNA cleavage studies of some heterocyclic Schiff base metal complexes, J. Soudi Chem. Soc., 16, 2012, 83-88.
- Arish D and Nair MS, Synthesis, characterization and biological studies of Co(II), Ni(II), Cu(II) and Zn(II) complexes with pyrral-L-histidinate, Arabian J. Chem., 5, 2012, 179-186.
- 2011-2013: Assitant Professor of Chemistry, Centre for Scientific and Applied Research, PSN College of Engineering and Technology, Melathediyoor, Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu, India
“Engineering chemistry and environmental science courses“
- 2006-2007: Teacher, Veveaham Hr.Sec.School, Dharapuram, Tamilnadu, India
“Basic chemistry courses”
- 2011: PhD: Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu, India: Chemistry
Diploma thesis: Synthesis, Characterization, Antimicrobial and DNA Cleavage Studies of Some Novel Schiff Base Metal Complex Systems
- 2006: MSc: Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu, India: Chemistry
- 2002: BSc: Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu, India: Chemistry
Awards, scholarships and research stays:
- Horizon 2020 grant: Centre for Functional and Surface-Functionalized Glasses, Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, Trenčín, Slovakia, 2017.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship: University of Limoges, Limoges, France, 2016.
- APJ Abdul Kalam Award for Young Scientist: Association of Chemistry Teachers (ACT) Mumbai & Indian Journals of Research Foundation, 2015.
- Research Associate Fellowship: Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Indian Space Research Organization, Tiruvandrun, India, 2013.
- NTS-Doctoral Fellowship: CIIL, Mysore, India, 2009.
- University Stipendiary Research Fellowship Award: M.S. University, Tirunelveli, India
- Visiting Researcher: University of Padova, Padova, Italy, 04/2018-03/2019.
- Member of Professional bodies: Slovak Silicate Society, Indian Council of Chemists, Y’s men International club, Junior Chamber International (JCI) club
- Journal Reviewer: Ceram. Int., J.Mol.Struct., J.Soud.Chemi.Soc., etc.