- Additive manufacturing of glasses and ceramics
- Polymer derived ceramics
- Ceramic matrix composites
- Bioactive materials
- Titania-based nanocomposites
- Metal complexes of biological Interest
- HORIZON 2020, WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017-TeamingPhase2, Centre for functional and surface-functionalized glasses, 3/2017 – 2/2024, Researcher.
- Agence Nationale de la Recherche under Contract No.ANR-12-BS08-004-02 as well (CollZSiC: Elaboration de nanocomposites coeur/coquille ZrC/SiC): Development of MC- Polycarbosilane (M = Ti, Zr , Hf or Ta) hybrid suspensions for the generation of MC-SiC core-shell systems for ultra high temperature applications, 01/2016-12/2016, Post doctoral researcher.
- VSSC/RMT/9.0/274/2012, Vikram Sarabhai Space Center: Development of polymer derived ceramic matrix composites based hot structures like nose cap, wing leading edge and combustion chamber projects for future ISRO programme like RLV-TD/TSTO and semicryo engine, 01/2013-12/2015, Research associate.
- No. 5-38/NTS/Fellowship/2008-09, CIIL, Mysore: Synthesis, characterization, antimicrobial and DNA cleavage studies of some novel Schiff base metal complex systems, 05/2009-05/2011, Research fellow.
- Publications in scientific journals: 34
- Conference proceedings: 02
- Technical report: 01
- Book: 01
- Contributed lectures at conferences: 40
- Invited lectures: 15
- Citations: 530+ (Scopus)
The most significant publications:
- Dasan A, Kraxner J, Grigolato L, Savio G, Elsayed H, Galusek D, Bernardo E, 3D Printing of Hierarchically Porous Lattice Structures Based on Åkermanite Glass Microspheres and Reactive Silicone Binder. Funct. Biomater. 13, 2022, 8 (I.F = 4.901). https://doi.org/10.3390/jfb13010008
- Dasan A, Ożóg P, Kraxner J, Elsayed H, Colusso E, Grigolato L, Savio G, Galusek D, Bernardo E, Up-Cycling of LCD Glass by Additive Manufacturing of Porous Translucent Glass Scaffolds. Materials, 14, 2021, 5083. https://doi.org/10.3390/ma14175083 (I.F = 3.623).
- Dasan A, Talimian A, Jozef K, Dusan G, Hamada E, Enrico B, Åkermanite glass microspheres: preparation and perspectives of sinter-crystallization, Int. J. Appl. Glass Sci. (2021). https://doi.org/10.1111/ijag.16115 (I.F = 2.029)
- Dasan A, Hamada E, Jozef K, Dusan G, Paolo C, Enrico B, Engineering of silicone-based mixtures for the digital light processing of akermanite scaffolds, J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. 40, 2020, 2566-2572. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2019.11.087 (I.F = 5.302)
- Dasan A, Romain L, Etienne L, Cassandre P, Sylvie F, Towards a surface functionalisation and grafting of a polycarbosilane onto zirconium carbide particles for the development of hybrid core-shell structures, Appl. Surf. Sci. 495, 2019, 143409. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2019.07.151 (I.F = 6.707)
- Dasan A, Hamada E, Jozef K, Dusan G, Enrico B, Hierarchically Porous 3D-printed Akermanite Scaffolds from Silicones and Engineered Fillers, J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. 39, 2019, 4445-4449. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2019.06.021 (I.F = 5.302)
- Study part: Profile subjects:Inorganic technologies and materials II
History of glass production, properties of glass and glass-forming melts, Glass production technology, Excursion
- 2011: PhD: Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu, India: Chemistry
Diploma thesis: Synthesis, Characterization, Antimicrobial and DNA Cleavage Studies of Some Novel Schiff Base Metal Complex Systems
- 2006: MSc: Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu, India: Chemistry
- 2002: BSc: Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu, India: Chemistry
Awards, scholarships and research stays:
- Horizon 2020 grant: Centre for Functional and Surface-Functionalized Glasses, Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, Trenčín, Slovakia, 2017.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship: University of Limoges, Limoges, France, 2016.
- APJ Abdul Kalam Award for Young Scientist: Association of Chemistry Teachers (ACT) Mumbai & Indian Journals of Research Foundation, 2015.
- Research Associate Fellowship: Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Indian Space Research Organization, Tiruvandrun, India, 2013.
- NTS-Doctoral Fellowship: CIIL, Mysore, India, 2009.
- University Stipendiary Research Fellowship Award: M.S. University, Tirunelveli, India.
- European Ceramic Society-JECS trust travel grant-2022
- Independent Researcher-2021, Slovakia.
- Visiting Researcher: Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Padova, Padova, Italy, 04/2018-03/2019.
- Visiting Scientist: Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, University of Padova, Padova, Italy, 09/2021-12/2021.
- Member of Professional bodies: Slovak Silicate Society-European ceramic society, Slovak Glass Society, Materials Research Society of India, Y’s men International club, Junior Chamber International (JCI) club
- Journal Reviewer: Ceram. Int., J.Mol.Struct., J.Soud.Chemi.Soc., etc.