Avnee Chauhan obtained her master’s degree (M.Sc) in Applied Physics from Amity University, India in 2017. She did her M.Sc thesis in Raja Rammana Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore, India on the topic “Studies on nano phosphor materials to enhance the efficiency of amorphous solar cell“. After her master‘s degree she joined Indian Institute of technology, Madras as a Project Associate and worked on fabrication of polymer-based materials for thermoelectric applications under the guidance of Prof. Dillip K satapathy from 2018 to 2021.
Her research works were focused in the areas of inorganic and organic thermoelectric materials, wearable textile thermoelectrics and up-conversion luminescence which were funded by government agencies such as Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and Department of Science and Technology (DST), India. She gained expertise in operating and maintaining equipments such as ULVAC-ZEM-3 (Seebeck coefficient and electrical conductivity measurement), Retsch- Cryomill, Rigaku X-ray diffractometer. Some of her research outcomes were published in notable journals such as Sustainable Energy & Fuels, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics and ACS Omega.
Following her research experience as Project Associate, she joined FunGlass to pursue her doctoral studies in the department Joint Glass Centre (Vitrum Laugaricio – VILA)
Dissertation topic: High entropy oxide ceramics by pressure-assisted sintering of multi-component rare-earth oxide-based glasses
Supervisor: Prof. Dušan Galusek, DrSc.
Department: Joint Glass Centre (Vitrum Laugaricio – VILA)
Beginning of study: 02.01.2022
Date of dissertation exam:
List of publications:
- “Enhancing the thermoelectric efficiency in p-type Mg3Sb2 via Mg site co-doping”, Minati Tiadi, ,Manjusha Battabyal, P K Jain, Avnee Chauhan, Dillip K Satapathy, Raghavan Gopalan, Sustainable Energy & Fuels, July 1 (2021)
- “Effect of iodine doping on the electrical, thermal and mechanical properties of SnSe for thermoelectric applications”, Amit Das*, Avnee Chauhan*, Vikrant Trivedi, Minati Tiadi, Ravi Kumar, Manjusha Battabyal, Dillip K Satapathy, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, January 26 (2021). *The two authors contribute equally to this work.
- “Effect of refractory tantalum metal filling on the micro-structure and thermoelectric properties of Co4Sb12 skutterudites”, Vikrant Trivedi, Manjusha Battabyal, Suresh Perumal, Avnee Chauhan, Dillip k Satapathy, B S Murty, Raghavan Gopalan, ACS Omega, January 12 (2021).
- “Charge transport mechanism and thermoelectric behavior in Te :(PEDOT: PSS) polymer composites ” Ashutosh Kumar, Manjusha Battabyal, Avnee Chauhan, G Suresh, R Gopalan, N V Ravi kumar and Dillip K Satapathy, Materials Research Express, November 11 (2019).
- “Synthesis and characterization of Er3+ doped Sr2SiO4 based upconversion nanophosphor ”, Pratik Deshmukh, Srinibas Satapathy, Avnee Chauhan, A.K Karnal, Proceedings of eighty first annual session of Indian Ceramic Society and international conference on expanding horizons of technological applications of ceramics and glasses (2017).
- “Preparation of gold target through electron vapor deposition and ” Paras ” the Rutherford back scattering experimental setup @ IUAC”, Sarvesh Kumar, Tulika Sharma, Pranav Bhardwaj, Avnee Chauhan, Shruti Kapoor, Punita Verma, IJSRD, National Conference on Inspired Learning, October (2015).
- “Studies on nano phosphor materials to enhance the efficiency of amorphous solar cell”, Avnee Chauhan presented at Department of Physics, Amity University (2017).
- “Investigation of X-ray spectra in low energy ion – atom collision, Avnee Chauhan, et.al. presented at recent trends in instrumentation & electronics (2016).
- “An innovative approach to practicals in physics laboratory”, Avnee Chauhan, Punita Verma, presented in national conference on “Striving and thriving towards diffusion of student – driven research in science and technology for inspired learning (2015).
- “Fabrication of polymer based materials for thermoelectric applications”, Avnee Chauhan, N V Ravi kumar, Dillip K. Satapathy, TECHEX (2019), IIT Delhi, India.
- “Studies on nono phosphor material to enhance the efficiency of solar cell”, Avnee Chauhan, Pratik Deshmukh, Srinibas Satapathy, An annual fest of project trainees, (Dec, 2017) RRCAT.
Participation in projects:
- Member in project, fabrication of polymer-based material for thermoelectric application, funded by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- Member in project, an innovative approach to practicals in physics laboratory, funded by National Academy of Sciences (NASI).
Awards and Scholarship:
- Certificate of appreciation from centre for industrial consultancy & sponsored research, IIT Madras for operating and maintaining the Seebeck Coefficient/ Electric Resistance Measurement System ZEM 3 ( ULVAC Riko, Japan) during the Covid-19 pandemic and achieving project targets (2021).
- Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) Scholarship award for Higher Education (SHE) (2012).
Inorganic technologies and materials I and Inorganic technologies and materials II
Experimental mechanics, Fundamentals of mathematical statistics