Assoc. Prof. Amirhossein Pakseresht, PhD.
- Thermal barrier coating (Modern TBCs)
- Hot corrosion
- Splat morphology
- Thin films prepared by PVD and PECVD methods
- Ceramic and metallic composite
- High entropy alloys
- HORIZON 2020, WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017-TeamingPhase2, Centre for functional and surface-functionalized glasses, 3/2017 – 2/2024
- VEGA PROJECT, Hot corrosion and thermal shock behavior of new thermal barrier coating based on fluorite structure (Main responsible) 2020 — 2024
- more than 10 National projects in the field of surface science and composite material
- Books: 4
- Chapters in monographs: 4
- publications in scientific journals: +55
- Contributed lectures at conferences: 24
- Invited lectures: 4
- Citations: +2100
- h-Index: 26
- Patents: 5
- Editor and Guest editor of Journals: 7
The most significant publications :
- Pakseresht, Amirhossein and Omid Sharifahmadian, editors. Handbook of Research on Tribology in Coatings and Surface Treatment. IGI Global, 2022, (pp. 1-470).
- Alebrahim, M., Pakseresht, A., Jafari, R., and Galusek, D., (2022). The Effect of Additional Ceramic Fiber on Wear and Mechanical Properties of Thermal Barrier Coatings. In A. Pakseresht, & O. Sharifahmadian (Ed.), Handbook of Research on Tribology in Coatings and Surface Treatment (pp. 1-19). IGI Global. Chapter 1
- Pakseresht, A., and et al. (2022). Failure mechanisms and structure tailoring of YSZ and new candidates for thermal barrier coatings: a systematic review. Materials & Design, 111044.
- Trentin, , Pakseresht, A., Duran, A., Castro, Y., & Galusek, D. (2022). Electrochemical Characterization of Polymeric Coatings for Corrosion Protection: A Review of Advances and Perspectives. Polymers, 14(12), 2306.
- Parchovianská, I., Parchovianský, M., Pecušová, B., Hanzel, O., & Pakseresht, (2022). Synthesis and Characterization of Fluorite-Type La2Ce2O7 Plasma Sprayable Powder for TBCs Application. Materials, 15(11), 4007.
- Amirtharaj Mosas, K. K., Chandrasekar, A. R., Dasan, A., Pakseresht,, & Galusek, D. (2022). Recent Advancements in Materials and Coatings for Biomedical Implants. Gels, 8(5), 323.
- Parchovianský, M., Parchovianská, I., Hanzel, O., Netriová, Z., & Pakseresht, A. (2022). Phase Evaluation, Mechanical Properties and Thermal Behavior of Hot-Pressed LC-YSZ Composites for TBC Applications. Materials, 15(8), 2839.
- Rozman, M., Štukovnik, Z., Sušnik, A., Pakseresht, A., Hočevar, M., Drobne, D., & Bren, U. (2022). A HepG2 Cell-Based Biosensor That Uses Stainless Steel Electrodes for Hepatotoxin Detection. Biosensors, 12(3), 160.
- Rozman, M., Mavrič, A., Kravanja, G., Valant, M., & Pakseresht, A. (2022). Ultra-low-cost, flexible and durable electrochromic tape device based on aluminum foil. Electrochimica Acta, 404, 139760.
- Pakseresht, A. H., Mousavi, S. M., Saremi, M., Ghasali, E., & Rajaei, H. (2021). Microstructure and mechanical properties of YSZ-alumina composites designed for thermal barrier coatings. Materials at High Temperatures, 38(1), 23-30.
- Sharifianjazi, F., Esmaeilkhanian, A., Moradi, M., Pakseresht, A., Asl, M. S., Karimi-Maleh, H., … & Varma, R. S. (2021). Biocompatibility and mechanical properties of pigeon bone waste extracted natural nano-hydroxyapatite for bone tissue engineering. Materials Science and Engineering: B, 264, 114950.
- Abuchenari, A., Sharifianjazi, F., Pakseresht, A., Pudineh, M., & Esmaeilkhanian, A. (2021). Effect of aluminum on microstructural and magnetic properties of nanostructured (Fe85Ni15) 97Al3 alloy produced via mechanical alloying. Advanced Powder Technology, 32(2), 337-345.
- Pakseresht, A. H., Kimiayi, A., Alizadeh, M., Nuranian, H., & Faeghinia, A. (2020). Microstructural study and hot corrosion behavior of bimodal thermal barrier coatings under laser heat treatment. Ceramics International, 46(11), 19217-19227.
- Sharifianjazi, F.; Pakseresht, A. H. .; Shahedi Asl, M. .; Esmaeilkhanian, A. .; Nargesi khoramabadi, H. .; Won Jang, H.; Shokouhimehr, M. Hydroxyapatite Consolidated by Zirconia: Applications for Dental Implant. compos. compd. 2020, 2, 26-34.
- Ghambari, M., Ebadzadeh, T., Pakseresht, A. H., & Ghasali, E. (2020). Preparation of Ag/reduced graphene oxide reinforced copper matrix composites through spark plasma sintering: an investigation of microstructure and mechanical properties. Ceramics International, 46(9), 13569-13579.
- Sharifianjazi, F., Moradi, M., Parvin, N., Nemati, A., Rad, A. J., Sheysi, N., … & Asl, M. S. (2020). Magnetic CoFe2O4 nanoparticles doped with metal ions: a review. Ceramics International, 46(11), 18391-18412.
- Sharifianjazi, F., Moradi, M., Abouchenari, A., Pakseresht, A. H., Esmaeilkhanian, A., Shokouhimehr, M., & Asl, M. S. (2020). Effects of Sr and Mg dopants on biological and mechanical properties of SiO2–CaO–P2O5 bioactive glass. Ceramics International, 46(14), 22674-22682.
- Targhi, V. T., Omidvar, H., Sharifianjazi, F., & Pakseresht, A. (2020). Hot corrosion behavior of aluminized and Si-modified aluminized coated IN-738LC produced by a novel hot-dip process. Surfaces and Interfaces, 21, 100599.
- Abbaszadeh, S., Pakseresht, A., Omidvar, H., & Shafiei, A. (2020). Investigation of the High-Temperature Oxidation Behavior of the Al0. 5CoCrFeNi High Entropy Alloy. Surfaces and Interfaces, 21, 100724.
- A.H.Pakseresht*, M.Saremi, H. Omidvar, M.Alizadeh, Micro-structural study and wear resistance of thermal barrier coating reinforced by alumina whisker, Surface and coating technology, Vol. 366, pp. 338-348, 2019.
- Kamyar Shirvanimoghaddam, Ehsan Ghasali, Amirhossein Pakseresht, SMR Derakhshandeh, Masoud Alizadeh, Touradj Ebadzadeh, Minoo Naebe, Super hard carbon microtubes derived from natural cotton for development of high performance titanium composites, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 775, pp. 601-616, 2019.
- Derakhshandeh, A.H. Pakseresht et al. Comparison of spark plasma and microwave sintering of mullite based composite: mullite/Ta2O5 reaction, Ceramic International, vol. 44, pp.13176-13181, 2018
- A.H.Pakseresht*, Microstructural Investigation of BaTiO3 Plasma Sprayed Coating Deposited by Splash and Disk-Like Splats , Journal of Environmental Friendly Materials, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2018, 1-6
- H.Alizadeh, A.H.pakseresht, et al., The Effect of accelerator types on the phosphate Zn-%12Ni electrodeposite coating, Material Sci & Eng. Int . Journal, Vol.2, pp. 224-229, 2018
- A.H. Pakseresht, Editor of “Production, Properties, and Applications of High Temperature Coatings” IGI Global, USA, pp.,1-557, 2018
- Hasanzadeh, A.H. Pakseresht, et al.” Investigation on improved-durability thermal barrier coatings- an overview of nanostructured, multilayered and self-healing TBCs” IGI Global, 2018 ,USA, 20-30. Chapter 3
- Ashrafiyan, A.H. Pakseresht, et al.” Oxidation-Protective Coatings for Carbon-Carbon Composites” IGI Global, 2018 ,USA, 250-260. Chapter 16
- Shirvanimoghaddam, A.H.Pakseresht, et. al, Review: Carbon fiber reinforced metal matrix composites: Fabrication processes and properties, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, Vol. 92, pp 70-96, 2017
- E.Ghasali, K. Shirvanimoghaddam, A.H. Pakseresht, M. Alizadeh, , T.E badzadeh, Vanadium carbide reinforced aluminum matrix composite prepared by conventional, microwave and spark plasma sintering, Evaluation of microstructure and mechanical properties of Al-TaC composites prepared by spark plasma sintering process, Journal of Alloys and Compounds,Vol. 705, pp 283-289, 2017
- Alireza Jam, Seyed Mohammad Reza Derakhshandeh, HoseinRajaei, Amir Hossein Pakseresht*, Evaluation of microstructure and electrochemical behavior of dual-layer NiCrAlY/mullite plasma sprayed coating on high silicon cast iron alloy, Ceramic International, Vol 43, pp 14146-14155, 2017
- E.Ghasali, M.Alizadeh, A.H. Pakseresht, T.E badzadeh, Preparation of silicon carbide/carbon fiber composites through high-temperature spark plasma sintering, Journal of Asian Ceramic Societies, Vol. 5, pp. 472-478, 2017
- Bagheri, M.R. Vaezi, A. Ghader, A.H.Pakseresht et al, Hydroxyapatite/silica Nanopowders Deposition on Ti Substrate by Plasma Spray Method,Jorunal ofAdvanced CeramicsProgress, Vol. 3. Pp 21-24, 2017
- A.H. Pakseresht, A. H. Javadi, M.Bahrami, A.Simchi, Spark plasma sintering of a multilayer thermal barrier coating on Inconel 738 superalloy: Microstructural development and hot corrosion behavior, Ceramic International, Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 2770-2779, 2016
- A.H. Pakseresht, A. H. Javadi, E. Ghasali, A. Shahbazkhan, S. Shakhesi, Evaluation of hot corrosion behavior of plasma sprayed thermal barrier coatings with graded intermediate layer and double ceramic top layer. Surface and coating technology, Vol. 288, pp 36-45. 2016
- A.H. Pakseresht*, M.R. Rahimipour, M.R. Vaezi, M. Salehi, Effect of heat treatment on the microstructure and dielectric property of plasma sprayed Barium titanate films, International Journal of Materials Research, vol. 107, pp. 28 -34, 2016
- A.H. Pakseresht, H. AhmadianBaghbaderani,Role of different fractions of nano-size SiC and milling time on the microstructure and mechanical properties of Al-SiCnanocomposites, Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, Vol., 69, pp.1007-1014, 2016
- A.H. Pakseresht*, M.R. Rahimipour, M.R. Vaezi, M. Salehi ,Thermal plasma spheroidization and spray deposition of barium titanate powder and characterization of the sprayable powder, Materials Chemistry and Physics, Vo; 173, pp. 395-403, 2016
- K. Shirvanimoghaddam, A. H. Pakseresht, Effect of B4C, TiB2 and ZrSiO4 ceramic particles on mechanical properties of aluminium matrix composites: experimental investigation and predictive modeling, Ceramic International, Vol. 42, pp. 6206-6220, 2016
- K. Shirvanimoghaddam , H. Khayyam, H.Abdizadeh, M. Akbari, A.H.Pakseresht, E.Gasali, M. Naebe, Boron carbide reinforced aluminium matrix composite: Physical, mechanical characterization and mathematical modelling, Materials Science & Engineering A, Vol. 658, pp. 135-149, 2016
- E.Ghasali, A.H. Pakseresht, M. Alizadeh, K. Shirvanimoghaddam, T.E badzadeh, Vanadium carbide reinforced aluminum matrix composite prepared by conventional, microwave and spark plasma sintering, Journal of Alloys and Compounds,Vol. 688, pp 527-533, 2016
- A.H. Pakseresht, M.R. Rahimipour,M. Alizadeh, S.M.M. Hadavi”Concept of advanced thermal barrier functional coatings in high temperature engineering components” IGI Global, 2016 ,USA, 396-419
- A.H. Pakseresht*, M.R. Rahimipour, M.R. Vaezi, M. Salehi, Effect of splat morphology on microstructure and dielectric property of plasma sprayed Barium titanate films, Applied Surface Science,Vol. 324, pp. 797–806, 2015
- A.H. Pakseresht, A.H. Javadi, M. Nejati, K. Shirvanimoghaddam, E. Ghasali, R. Teimouri, Statistical analysis and multiobjective optimization of process parameters in plasma spraying of partially stabilized zirconia, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 75, pp. 739-753. 2015
- H. Pakseresht, E. Ghasali, M. Nejati, K. Shirvanimoghaddam, A. H. Javadi, and R. Teimouri, “Development empirical-intelligent relationship between plasma spray parameters and coating performance of Yttria-Stabilized Zirconia,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 76, pp-1031-1045, 2015
- E.Ghasali, A.H. Pakseresht, F. Safari, M.Aghili, T.E badzadeh, Investigation on microstructure and mechanical behavior of Al–ZrB2 composite prepared by microwave and spark plasma sintering, Materials Science & Engineering A, vol.627, pp.27-30, 2015
- A.H. Pakseresht*, M.R. Rahimipour, M.R. Vaezi, M. Salehi, Effect of morphology and nonbounded interface on dielectric properties of plasma sprayed BaTiO3 Coating, Journal of Advanced Materials and Processing, Vol.2, No. 4, pp. 25-32, 2014
- M.R. Loghman, M. Nejati, H.Edris, H.Jamali, A.H.Pakseresht, Evaluation of hot corrosion behavior of plasma sprayed Scandia and yttria co-stabilized nanostructured thermal barrier coatings in the presence of molten sulfate and vanadate salt, Journal of European Ceramic Society, Vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 693-702, 2015
- K. Shirvanimoghaddam, H. Abdizadeh, F. Abdi, A.H. Pakseresht, A.Shahbazkhan, A. Abbasi, Investigation of discontinuously reinforced aluminium metal matrix composite fabricated by two different micron ceramic reinforcements (ZrSiO4, B4C): Comparative Study, journal of metallic material, Vol. 53, pp-1-7, 2015
- E.Ghasali, M.Alizadeh, T.E badzadeh, A.H. Pakseresht, Investigation on microstructural and mechanical properties of B 4 C–aluminum matrix composites prepared by microwave sintering, Journal of materials research and technology, Vol.4, No. 4, pp. 411-415, 2015
- M. Nejati, M.R. Rahimipour, I. Mobasherpour and A.H. Pakseresht, Microstructural analysis and thermal shock behavior of CSZ, CSZ/Micro Al2O3 and CSZ/Nano Al2O3 plasma sprayed thermal barrier coatings, Surface and coating technology, Vol.282, pp. 129-138, 2015
- physical chemistry of materials
- thermodynamics of materials
- non-destructive testing and physical properties of materials
- 2003: BS: Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Tehran University, Tehran, Iran. Thesis: Investigating the effects of Si and P on the wear behavior of Al _Si casted in ambient Team & preheated models at a temperature of 400 ”
- 2005: MS: Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Tehran, Iran. Thesis: Investigating slurry composition (in investment casting) associated with surface quality & turbine blade defects.
- 2015:Ph.D: Materials and Energy Research Center,Tehran, Iran. Thesis: The effect of individual splat morphology on the micro-structure, physical and mechanical properties of plasma sprayed barium titanate film
- 2018: Postdoc: Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Tehran University, Tehran, Iran. Thesis: Thermal barrier coating reinforced with ceramic fibers.
- 2019: Adjunct research assistant prof.Amirkabir university (Tehran Polytechnic) Tehran, Iran.
Awards, scholarships and research stays:
- Horizon 2020 grant: Centre for Functional and Surface-Functionalized Glasses, Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, Trenčín, Slovakia, 2017-2024
- Awards, grant of Iran National Science Foundationfor Postdoc position
- Best reviewer for Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, 2018, 2020
- Served as editorial board of more than 4 international scientific journals.
- Reviewer of more than 10 international scientific journals. Such as Journal of the American Ceramic Society, Applied Surface Science, Ceramic International, Surface Review and Letters (SRL), Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, Ceramics Progress, Alloys and compounds
- Member of Iranian Metallurgical Engineering Society
- Awarded member of National Elites Foundation
- Member of Slovak Silicate Society
- Member of Slovak Glass society