The Centre for functional and surface functionalized glass is jointly managed by all partners in the project consortium through the Scientific Board. Scientific Board is the main decision-making and supervisory body of the Centre and as such has decision-making authority in basic questions regarding development of the Centre. The Scientific Board consists of five members. Each partner institution of the project consortium appoints one representative chosen from its leading researchers to serve on the Scientific Board. Scientific Board member´s term of office is five years.
Scientific Board predominantly:
- Defines overall strategy of the Centre, including areas and topics of research in the specific chosen field, within which the Centre operates,
- Defines objectives of the Centre, particularly in terms of achieving desired quality and quantity of scientific outputs,
- Discusses organizational structure of the Centre, or its modifications,
- Defines basic rules of general legal, contractual, ethical, financial and administrative management of the Centre,
- Monitors and evaluates achieved objectives and takes necessary remedy measures on annual basis,
- Ensures knowledge management and other activities related to innovation activities on the project consortium level,
- Supervises and supports compliance with principles of gender equality in the Centre.
Members (in alphabetical order):
Prof. Enrico Bernardo, Dipartimento di Ingegneria Industriale, Università degli Study di Padova, Italy
Prof. Aldo Boccaccini, Lehrstuhl Biomaterialien, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
Prof. Alicia Durán, Instituto de Cerámica y Vidrio, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Spain
Prof. Dušan Galusek, FunGlass,, Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, Slovakia
Prof. Lothar Wondraczek, Otto-Schott Institut für Materialforschung, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany