Maryam Vakhshouri received her Master of Science in Environmental Engineering with a focus on removing phosphor and nitrogen from wastewater. During her thesis, she had active research collaborations with scientists at Water Research Center, Iran, and she was ranked as the top young researcher. Her interest in materials science dates back to her Bachelor of Science days, where she carried out a project on the characterization of geologic materials.
Before joining FunGlass, she worked for a knowledge-based company in the field of fabrication of master alloys in Iran. She joined the Joint Glass Center (Vitrum Laugaricio-VILA) as a Ph.D. student at the Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín. Maryam’s research focuses on advanced materials with eutectic microstructures that can be used for high-temperature applications.
Dissertation topic: Advanced Materials with Eutectic Microstructure for High Temperature and Functional Applications.
Supervisor: Prof. Ing. Dušan Galusek, DrSc.
Co-supervisor: Ing. Anna Prnová, Ph.D.
Department: Joint Glass Center (Vitrum Laugaricio-VILA)
Beginning of study: 01.12.2020
Date of dissertation exam: 31.08.2022
List of publications:
- Najafzadehkhoee A.A., Habibolahzadeh A., Qods F., Vakhshouri M., Polkowski W., Hvizdos P., Galusek D., Effect of ZrC nanopowder addition in WC preforms on microstructure and properties of W–ZrC composites prepared by the displacive compensation of porosity (DCP) method, J. Aust. Ceram. Soc., 2020. DOI:10.1007/s41779-020-00538-1.
- Najafzadehkhoee A.A., Habibolahzadeh A., Qods F., Vakhshouri M., Hvizdos P. Polkowski W., Application of the statistical Taguchi method to optimize the properties of WC preforms to produce W-ZrC composites using reactive infiltration by molten Zr2Cu, Int. J. Mod. Phys. B, Vol. 34, No.26 (2020) 2050233-1- 2050233-16. DOI:10.1142/S0217979220502331.
- Vakhshouri Maziar, Riccardo Basagni, Vakhshouri Maryam, Investigation of effective treatment system on car wash wastewater, 4th International Conference in Agriculture, Environment and Tourism, Iran.
- Vakhshouri Maziar, Riccardo Basagni, Vakhshouri Maryam, Study on removing of Phosphor and Nitrogen from car wash wastewater using Vetiveria Zizanioids, 4th International Conference in Agriculture, Environment and Tourism, Iran.
- Jamshidi, Sh., Akbarzadeh, A., Vakhshouri, M., Comparative study on nutrients uptake and removal efficiency of Vetiveria Zizanioides for contaminated water purification, International Journal of Environment and Pollution, 1 (2015) 1-8.
- Akbarzadeh A., Jamshidi Sh., Vakhshouri M., Feasibility study of upgrading wastewater treatment plants using Vetiveria species, 3rd International Conference on Environmental Planning and Management, Tehran, Iran.
- Akbarzadeh A., Vakhshouri M., Arbabi M., Introduction of Vetiveria Zizaniodes as a novel view in stable research and development and high performance management of water resources, 2nd National Conference on Protection and Environmental Programming, University of Tehran, Iran.
- Badalians G., Vakhshouri M., Arashi A, Investigation the systemic function of electrodyalises for desalination of salt water, 6th National Conference on Environment, University of Tehran, Iran.
- Badalians G., Arashi A., Vakhshouri M, Feasibility of energy recovery in desalination systems using RED, 6th National Conference on Environment, University of Tehran, Iran.
- Akbarzadeh A., Vakhshouri M., Evaluation on growth of Vetiveria Zizanioids and their capabilities in removing of nitrogen combinations, 2nd National Conference on Agricultural Development and Clean Environment, Iran.
- Akbarzadeh A., Vakhshouri M., Jamshidi Sh., Re-using of wastewater in order to decrease of river erosion, National Conference on Water Recovery, University of Tehran, Iran.
- Akbarzadeh A., Vakhshouri M., Jamshidi Sh., Khalesdoost M., Investigation of Vetivera function in order to remove nutrients from sewage, Journal of Water and Wastewate, 1 (2012) 57-67.
Your participation in projects: APVV -19-0010: Advanced materials with eutectic microstructure for high temperature and functional applications, Slovakia, 2020-2024.
Other professional activities:
Disaster Mitigation and Management Organization (TDMMO), Tehran, Iran: Teacher (2010-2019)