Akrity Anand completed her integrated Bachelor and Master of Technology (2009-2014) in Nanotechnology from Amity University, India. She joined CSIR- Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute( CGCRI), Kolkata for her master thesis work and continued as a research fellow ( two years) for the synthesis of different bioactive glass nanopowders, their physico-chemical characterization, in-vitro bioactivity, cytotoxicity and drug/growth factors release study. In 2016, she joined another three years DBT project of CGCRI entitled “microstructurally designed in-situ toughened metallic and ceramic matrix composites for total hip arthroplasty”.
Her research interest is in materials sciences with special references to bioceramics: synthesis and characterization of calcium-phosphate based biomaterials and its development in porous/dense scaffold/coating for bone-tissue engineering.
Dissertation topic: Tailoring the dissolution kinetics of mesoporous ion-doped bioactive glasses under different conditions for drug delivery applications
Supervisor: Dr. Dagmar Galusková
Co-supervisor: Prof. Aldo R. Boccaccini
Beginning of study: 2.09.2019
Date of dissertation exam: TBA
- Akrity Anand, Piyali Das, Samit Kumar Nandi, Biswanath Kundu, Development of antibiotic loaded mesoporous bioactive glass and its drug release kinetics, Ceram. Int., Vol. 6, pp. 5477-5483 (2020) DOI: 10.1016/j.ceramint.2019.10.264, [Impact factor: 3.450]
- V Lalzawmliana, Akrity Anand, Mangal Roy, Biswanath Kundu, Samit Kumar Nandi, Mesoporous bioactive glasses for bone healing and biomolecules delivery, MAT SCI ENG C., Vol. 106, (2020), DOI: /10.1016/j.msec.2019.110180, [Impact factor: 4.959]
- Akrity Anand, V. Lalzawmliana, Vinod Kumar, Piyali Das, K. Bavya Devi, Asit Kumar Maji, Biswanath Kundu, Mangal Roy and Samit Kumar Nandi, Preparation and in vivo biocompatibility studies of different mesoporous bioactive glasses, J Mech Behav Biomed Mater., Vol. 89, pp. 89-98 (2019), DOI: 10.1016/j.jmbbm.2018.09.024. [Impact factor: 3.239]
- V. Lalzawmliana, Akrity Anand, Vinod Kumar, Piyali Das, K. Bavya Devi, Jayanta Mukherjee, Asit Kumar Maji, Biswanath Kundu, Mangal Roy,and Samit Kumar Nandi, Potential of growth factor incorporated mesoporous bioactive glass for in vivo bone regeneration, J Mech Behav Biomed Mater., Vol. 91, pp. 182-192(2019), DOI: 10.1016/j.jmbbm.2018.12.012. [Impact factor: 3.239]
- V. Lalzawmliana, Akrity Anand, Prasenjit Mukherjee, Shubhamitra Chaudhuri, Biswanath Kundu, Samit K Nandi, Narsinh L Thakur, Marine organisms as a source of natural matrix for bone tissue engineering, Ceram. Int., DOI: 10.1016/j.ceramint.2018.10.108. [Impact factor: 3.057]
- Akrity Anand, Biswanath Kundu, Vamsi Krishna Balla, Samit Kumar Nandi, Synthesis and Physico-Chemical Characterization of Different Mesoporous Bioactive Glass Nanopowders: invitro SBF Activity and Cytotoxicity, Trans. Ind. Ceram. Soc., Vol. 77, No. 2, pp. 1-12 (2018), DOI: 10.1080/0371750X.2018. 1465357. [Impact factor: 0.761]
- Itishree Ratha, Akrity Anand, Sabyasachi Chatterjee, Biswanath Kundu, Gopinatha Suresh Kumar, Preliminary study on effect of nano hydroxyapatite and mesoporous bioactive glass on DNA, J. Mater. Res., Vol. 0, No. 0, (2018), DOI: 10.1557/jmr.2018.114. [Impact factor: 1.57]
- Sakthi S Prasad, Itishree Ratha, Tarun Adarsh, Akrity Anand, P Sinha, Prerna Diwan, K Annapurna, Kaushik Biswas In vitro bioactivity and antibacterial properties of bismuth oxide modified bioactive glasses, J. Mater. Res., Vol.33, No.2, (2018), DOI: 10.1557/jmr.2017.442. [Impact factor: 1.57]
- Akrity Anand, Mitun Das, Biswanath Kundu, Vamsi Krishna Balla, Subhadip Bodhak, S. Gangadharan, Plasma-Sprayed Ti6Al4V Alloy Composite Coatings Reinforced with In Situ Formed TiB-TiN, J Therm Spray Tech., Vol. 26, No. 2013–2019, (2017), DOI: 10.1007/s11666- 017-0651-5. [Impact factor: 1.949]
Conferencepapers and poster presentations:
- Akrity Anand, Mitun Das, Biswanath Kundu, Vamsi Krishna Balla, Subhadip Bodhak, S. Gangadharan, Tribocorrosion behavior of plasma sprayed in-situ formed TiB-TiN reinforced Ti6Al4V alloy composite coatings, NMD ATM 2018, November 14-16, 2018, Kolkata, India.
- Akrity Anand, Mitun Das, Biswanath Kundu, Vamsi Krishna Balla, Subhadip Bodhak, S. Gangadharan, In situ Synthesized TiB-TiN Reinforced Ti6Al4V Alloy Composites Using Plasma Spraying, 6th Asian Biomaterials Congress: ABMC6, October 25-27, 2017 Thiruvananthapuram, India.
- Akrity Anand, Biswanath Kundu, Vamsi Krishna Balla, Development and Characterization of different mesoporous bioactive glass nanopowders, it’s in vitro bioactivity and their potential applications as drug delivery system, Journal of Biotechnology & Biomaterials, Volume 5 Issue 6; ISSN:2155-952X, October 3-5, 2015, New Delhi, India.
- Akrity Anand, Development and Characterization of different mesoporous bioactive glass nanopowders, it’s in vitro bioactivity and their potential applications as drug delivery system, 4th One day workshop, Abstract book, Volume-4, September 18, 2015, Kolkata, India.