Photocatalysis, Water treatment, Adsorption, Additive manufacuring, Highly porous ceramic membranes, Upcycling of waste glass and other industrial inorganic waste, Materials Characterization, Corrosion testing, Photoelectrochemistry, Hydrogen Production via water splitting.
International projects: HORIZON 2020, WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017-TeamingPhase2, Centre for functional and surface-functionalized glasses, 3/2017 – 2/2024, Researcher.
P2-0337; Heterogeneous photocatalytic processes on solid surfaces for sustainable technologies, Slovenian Research Agency (ARRS), 04/2019-07/2020, Post doctoral researcher.
National projects: VEGA national Slovak grant (1/0110/23); Sustainable upcycling of pharmaceutical glasses to highly porous photocatalytic ceramic membranes for water treatment, 2023-2026, Principal investigator.
- Book Chapter: 02
- Publications in scientific journals: +35
- Contributed lectures at conferences: 16
- Citations: +2200
- h-Index: 22
- Editor and Guest editor of Journals: 5
The most significant publications:
- Raphael, S. J, Joseph, P, Mehta, A, Johnson, K, Prasannamohan, A, Dasan, A. Investigation of Zn2TiO4 as fluorescence quenching probe for sensing of metal ions. Results in Surfaces and Interfaces. (2023). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rsurfi.2023.100127
- Mehta A, Colusso E, Kraxner J, Galusek D, Bernardo E. Waste-derived glass as a precursor for inorganic polymers: From foams to photocatalytic destructors for dye removal. Ceramics International. (2022). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2022.06.059 (I.F = 5.532).
- Mehta A, Karbouche K, Kraxner J, Elsayed H, Galusek D, Bernardo E. Upcycling of Pharmaceutical Glass into Highly Porous Ceramics: From Foams to Membranes. Materials. (2022). https://doi.org/10.3390/ma15113784 (I.F = 3.748). Non-self cited – 01.
- Mehta A, Rather RA, Belec B, Gordonio S, Fang M, Valant M. Plastic Waste Precursor-Derived Fluorescent Carbon and Construction of Ternary FCs@CuO@TiO2 Hybrid Photocatalyst for Hydrogen Production and Sensing (2022). https://doi.org/10.3390/en15051734 (I.F- 3.2)
- Rather RA, Mehta A, Lu Y, Valant M, Fang M, Liu W. Influence of exposed facets, morphology and hetero-interfaces of BiVO4 on photocatalytic water oxidation: A review, Int. J. Hydrog. Energy. (2021). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2021.04.060 (I.F = 5.816) Non-self cited – 19
- Dashairya L, Mehta A, Saha P, Basu S. Visible-light-induced enhanced photocatalytic degradation of Rhodamine-B dye using BixSb2-xS3 solid-solution photocatalysts. J. Colloid Interface Sci. (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2019.11.118 (I.F = 8.128) Non-self cited – 27
- Singh J, Kaur S, Lee J, Mehta A, Kumar S, Kim KH, Basu S, Rawat M. Highly fluorescent carbon dots derived from Mangifera indica leaves for selective detection of metal ions. Sci. Total Environ. (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.137604 (I.F = 7.963) Non-self cited – 50
- Mehta A, Mishra A, Basu S, Shetti NP, Reddy KR, Saleh TA, Aminabhavi TM. Bandgap tuning and surface modification of carbon dots for sustainable environmental remediation and photocatalytic hydrogen production–a review. J. Environ. Manage. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2019.109486 (I.F = 6.789) Non-self cited – 178
- Mishra A, Mehta A, Basu S, Shetti NP, Reddy KR, Aminabhavi TM. Graphitic carbon nitride (g–C3N4)–based metal-free photocatalysts for water splitting: a review. Carbon. (2019) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2019.04.104 (I.F = 9.594) Non-self cited – 456
- Kaur N, Mehta A, Mishra A, Chaudhary S, Rawat M, Basu S. Amphiphilic carbon dots derived by cationic surfactant for selective and sensitive detection of metal ions. Mater. Sci. Eng. C (2019). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msec.2018.10.058 (I.F = 7.328) Non-self cited – 12
- Dongre RS, Sadasivuni KK, Deshmukh K, Mehta A, Basu S, Meshram JS, Al-Maadeed MA, Karim A. Natural polymer based composite membranes for water purification: a review. Polym. Plast. Tech. Mat. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1080/25740881.2018.1563116 (I.F = not yet) Non-self cited – 19
- Mishra A, Mehta A, Basu S, Malode SJ, Shetti NP, Shukla SS, Nadagouda MN, Aminabhavi TM. Electrode materials for lithium-ion batteries. Mater. Sci. Energ. Technol. (2018). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mset.2018.08.001 (I.F = not yet) Non-self cited – 66
- Mehta A, Mishra A, Basu S. Optical detection of thiol drugs by core-shell luminous carbon dots—gold nanoparticles system. Plasmonics. (2018) https://doi.org/10.1007/s11468-018-0744-0 (I.F = 2.404) Non-self cited – 05
- Mehta A, Mishra A, Kainth S, Basu S. Carbon quantum dots/TiO2 nanocomposite for sensing of toxic metals and photodetoxification of dyes with kill waste by waste concept. Mater. Des. (2018) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2018.06.015 (I.F = 7.991) Non-self cited – 14
- Mishra A, Mehta A, Kainth S, Basu S. Effect of g-C3N4 loading on TiO2/Bentonite nanocomposites for efficient heterogeneous photocatalytic degradation of industrial dye under visible light. J. Alloys Compd. (2018) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2018.06.089 (I.F = 5.316) Non-self cited – 40
- Mishra A, Mehta A, Basu S. Clay supported TiO2 nanoparticles for photocatalytic degradation of environmental pollutants: A review. J. Environ. Chem. Eng. (2018) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2018.09.029 (I.F = 5.909) Non-self cited – 69
- Mishra A, Mehta A, Kainth S, Basu S. A comparative study on the effect of different precursors for synthesis and efficient photocatalytic activity of g-C3N4/TiO2/bentonite nanocomposites. J. Mater. Sci. (2018) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10853-018-2565-0 (I.F = 4.220) Non-self cited – 18
- Kumar M, Mehta A, Mishra A, Singh J, Rawat M, Basu S. Biosynthesis of tin oxide nanoparticles using Psidium Guajava leave extract for photocatalytic dye degradation under sunlight. Mater. Lett. (2018). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matlet.2017.12.074 (I.F = 3.423) Non-self cited – 55
- Garg D, Mehta A, Mishra A, Basu S. A sensitive turn on fluorescent probe for detection of biothiols using MnO2@ carbon dots nanocomposites. Spectrochim. Acta A Mol. Biomol. Spectrosc. SPECTROCHIM ACTA A. (2018) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.saa.2017.11.041 (I.F = 4.098) Non-self cited- 20
- Mishra A, Mehta A, Kainth S, Basu S. Effect of different plasmonic metals on photocatalytic degradation of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) by bentonite/M-TiO2 nanocomposites under UV/visible light. Appl. Clay Sci. (2018) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2017.11.040 (I.F = 5.467) Non-self cited- 21
- Singh J, Mehta A, Rawat M, Basu S. Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using sun dried tulsi leaves and its catalytic application for 4-Nitrophenol reduction. J. Environ. Chem. Eng. (2018) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2018.01.054 (I.F = 5.909) Non-self cited – 59
- Mehta A, Mishra A, Basu S. Fluorescent carbon dot decorated MnO 2 nanorods for complete photomineralization of phenol from water. Environ. Sci. Water Res. Technol. (2018) https://doi.org/10.1039/C8EW00235E (I.F = 4.251) Non-self cited – 04
- Kainth S, Mehta A, Mishra A, Basu S. Implementation of a logic gate by chemically induced nitrogen and oxygen rich C-dots for the selective detection of fluoride ions. N. J. Chem. (2018) https://doi.org/10.1039/C8NJ02041H (I.F = 3.591) Non-self cited – 06
- Arora N, Mehta A, Mishra A, Basu S. 4-Nitrophenol reduction catalysed by Au-Ag bimetallic nanoparticles supported on LDH: Homogeneous vs. heterogeneous catalysis. Appl. Clay Sci. (2018) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2017.10.015 (I.F = 5.467) Non-self cited – 98
- Sharma M, Mishra A, Mehta A, Choudhury D, Basu S. Effect of surfactants on the structure and adsorption efficiency of hydroxyapatite nanorods. J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. (2018) https://doi.org/10.1166/jnn.2018.13948 (I.F = 1.354) Non-self cited – 04
- Mehta A, Basu S. Controlled photocatalytic hydrolysis of nitriles to amides by mesoporous MnO2 nanoparticles fabricated by mixed surfactant mediated approach. J. Photochem. Photobiol. A. (2017) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jphotochem.2017.04.013 (I.F = 4.291) Non-self cited -08
- Sharma M, Jain P, Mishra A, Mehta A, Choudhury D, Hazra S, Basu S. Variation of surface area of silica monoliths by controlling ionic character/chain length of surfactants and polymers. Mater. Lett. (2017) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matlet.2017.02.074 (I.F = 3.423) Non-self cited -05
- Mehta A, Sharma M, Kumar A, Basu S. Effect of Au content on the enhanced photocatalytic efficiency of mesoporous Au/TiO2 nanocomposites in UV and sunlight. Gold Bull. (2017) https://doi.org/10.1007/s13404-016-0191-7 (I.F = 1.610) Non-self cited -05
- Sharma M, Mishra A, Mehta A, Choudhury D, Basu S. Enhanced catalytic and antibacterial activity of nanocasted mesoporous silver monoliths: kinetic and thermodynamic studies. J Solgel Sci. Technol. (2017) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10971-016-4260-4 (I.F = 2.326) Non-self cited -07
- Mishra A, Mehta A, Sharma M, Basu S. Enhanced heterogeneous photodegradation of VOC and dye using microwave synthesized TiO2/Clay nanocomposites: a comparison study of different type of clays. J. Alloys Compd. (2017) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2016.10.036 (I.F = 5.316) Non-self cited -45
- Mishra A, Mehta A, Sharma M, Basu S. Impact of Ag nanoparticles on photomineralization of chlorobenzene by TiO2/bentonite nanocomposite. J. Environ. Chem. Eng. (2017) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2016.12.042 (I.F = 5.909) Non-self cited -24
- Mishra A, Sharma M, Mehta A, Basu S. Microwave treated bentonite clay based TiO2 composites: an efficient photocatalyst for rapid degradation of methylene blue. J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. (2017) https://doi.org/10.1166/jnn.2017.12674 (I.F = 1.354) Non-self cited -09
- Mehta A, Mishra A, Sharma M, Singh S, Basu S. Effect of silica/titania ratio on enhanced photooxidation of industrial hazardous materials by microwave treated mesoporous SBA-15/TiO2 nanocomposites. J Nanopart Res. (2016) https://doi.org/10.1007/s11051-016-3523-x (I.F = 2.253) Non-self cited -18
- Mehta A, Sharma M, Kumar A, Basu S. Gold nanoparticles grafted mesoporous silica: a highly efficient and recyclable heterogeneous catalyst for reduction of 4-nitrophenol. Nano. (2016) https://doi.org/10.1142/S1793292016501046 (I.F = 1.556) Non-self cited -11
Study part: Profile subjects:
Inorganic technologies and materials II
History of glass production, properties of glass and glass-forming melts, Glass production technology, Excursion,
Supervisor of PhD. students
Experimental work I-IX, Publication activity I and II, Active participation in a conference I and II
Ph.D. (Chemistry) Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala- India. (2015- 2018)
Thesis: Catalytic and Optical Application of Metal oxide and Carbon Dot Nanostructures: Effect of Morphology and Concentration.
- Sc. (Chemistry) Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala- India. (2013-2015)
Thesis: Synthesis of SBA-15/TiO2 nanocomposites and its photocatalytic activity for the degradation of Hazardous organic pollutants.
B.S c. (General Chemistry) Kurukshetra University, Thanesar, Haryana- India. (2010-2013)
Title: Researcher, FunGlass– Centre for Functional and Surface Functionalized Glass, Alexandra Dubcek University of Trencin (August 2020- Present)
Project: 1.Upcycling of waste medical glass for the fabrication of 3D photocatalytic membranes for waste water treatment applications; (Industry Collaboration: Nuova Ompi; Stevanato Group Italy, RONA, a. s. Schreiberova, Slovakia, Johns Manville Slovakia).
- Utilization of red/brown mud for fabrication of 3D printed electrodes for photoelectrochemical catalytic applications; (Industry Collaboration: ZSNP SAV, Ziar nad Hronom, Slovakia).
- Fabrication of advanced 3D printed highly porous photocatalytic membranes like structures for water treatment applications; (Collaboration: CEITEC – Central European Institute of Technology, Czech Republic)
Title Visiting Researcher, University of Padova, Italy (February 2021- February 2022)
Project: Upcycling of waste glass and inorganic waste for the fabrication of membranes for waste-water treatment.
Title: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Nova Gorica, Slovenia (March 2019- July 2020).
Project: Heterogeneous processes on solid surface surfaces for durability technologies.
Title: Assistant Professor Jan Nayak Ch. Devi Lal Vidyapeeth, Sirsa-INDIA.
Duties: Handled classes relating to inorganic, physical, environmental and analytical
Chemistry (November, 2019 – March, 2020).
Title: Teaching Associate, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala- INDIA (August 2016 – June 2018).
Duty: To assist graduate and postgraduate students in chemistry lab courses.
Awards and scholarships
Winner of L’Oreal UNESCO For Women in Science, Slovakia–Engineering and material sciences category, 2023.
ACS Best presentation award; International Conference on Sustainable Nanotechnology and Nanomaterial, Chandigarh University, Punjab, India from 25th-26th August 2022.
Best Poster Award; National Conference on Material Science Applications in Energy and Environment at DAV Jalandhar on March 17, 2018.
Scholarship by MRSI (Material Research Society of India) to deliver student talk; 28th Annual General Meeting of Materials Research Society of India held at IIT Mumbai on Feb 13-15, 2017.
Study part: Profile subjects:
Inorganic technologies and materials II
- History of glass production, properties of glass and glass-forming melts, Glass production technology, Excursion.
- Thermodynamics of electrochemical systems.