PhD. Study Program: Chemical Engineering and technologies:
Inorganic Technology and Non-metallic Materials
Graduates of PhD study program in the area of Inorganic Technology and Non-metallic Materials gain deep knowledge on scientific methods of research related to preparation of new types of non-metallic inorganic materials, with special focus on glass, ceramics, and surface modification of a broad range of various materials, including biomaterials. Graduates are able to solve problems related to inorganic technologies, development and characterization of new materials. They have special knowledge in the area of glass, inorganic binders, ceramic and refractory materials and inorganic additives. They have deep theoretical knowledge in the field of thermodynamics and kinetics and are capable of solving challenging engineering problems in technical practice. Graduates understand methods of studying structures as well as materials characteristics. They speak foreign languages, actively use computer and information systems, are able to work actively in teams, plan their own development within their research field and execute project management. Gained knowledge represents an excellent basis for obtaining a job either in academic or industrial research and development.
What we offer:
- Unique opportunity to participate in the European project integrating significant international knowhow and experience with access to up to 1 year internships with FunGlass international partners at their home sites in Germany, Italy or Spain under supervision of world leading scientists,
- individual training plans including not only scientific but also complementary competencies,
- scholarships to cover living cost during study,
- access and training on high-end laboratories and equipment/techniques; for full list see http://www.funglass.eu/equipment/,
- program of visiting scientists/lectures, workshops,
- FunGlass school (twice a year), summer schools (Montpellier), conferences,
- Slovak language classes, English competence program.
More interesting info: PhD Study Leaflet 2021
Click here for: PhD Study Handbook
- M.Sc./graduate degree in inorganic materials and technology and related study programs,
- with the desire for independent laboratory work are also eligible,
- high English language proficiency skills,
- strive for excellence and be able to focus on solving scientific problems,
- be a team player of high cultural awareness.
For more information, refer to Daniela Vavrová, PhD Study Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org.