Information about study program
Full time 4 years of study
Study program: Inorganic technologies and non-metallic materials
Accredited by: the Accreditation Commission of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
Graduates of PhD study program in the area of Inorganic Technology and Non-metallic Materials gain deep knowledge on scientific methods of research related to preparation of new types of non-metallic inorganic materials, with special focus on glass, ceramics, and surface modification of a broad range of various materials, including biomaterials. Graduates are able to solve problems related to inorganic technologies, development and characterization of new materials. They have special knowledge in the area of glass, inorganic binders, ceramic and refractory materials and inorganic additives. They have deep theoretical knowledge in the field of thermodynamics and kinetics and are capable of solving challenging engineering problems in technical practice. Graduates understand methods of studying structures as well as materials characteristics. They speak foreign languages, actively use computer and information systems, are able to work actively in teams, plan their own development within their research field and execute project management. Gained knowledge represents an excellent basis for obtaining a job either in academic or industrial research and development.
What we offer
- Study in a newly established Centre for Functional and Surface Functionalized Glass (FunGlass) funded from H2020 program
- Scholarship to cover the living cost during study
- Unique opportunity to play an important role in the European project integrating significant international experience
- Research and studies in two partnering institutions simultaneously
- In the frame of the study minimum of 1 year internship with one of the international partners at their home sites in Germany, Italy, or Spain under supervision of world leading scientists in the field
- Opportunity to spend shorter training internships (up to 3 months) at other research institutions in EU.
- Travel allowance to cover the cost of internship at partners’ institutions
- Access to international know-how and expertise with top research institutions
- Access to high-end laboratories and equipment, see http://www.funglass.eu/equipment/
- Opportunity to earn double PhD degrees