The Rector of
Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín
in accordance with the Law 131/2002 on Higher Education, the Law 552/2003 on the work in public interest and in accordance with the principles of selection process of university teachers, researchers and chief officers of TnUAD
announces recruitment process for the work position:
Postdoctoral research associate at the Biomaterials department of the Centre for functional and surface functionalized glasses
There is immediate opening for position of postdoctoral research associate in the newly established Centre for functional and surface functionalized glasses at the Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, Slovakia, funded from the H2020 framework programme project. The appointment is for at least two years with possible extension of the contract until 12/2023 dependent upon research progress and quality of the scientific outputs. Positions are open immediately upon completion of recruitment process and later start is negotiable. Salary will be commensurate with experience, training, and qualifications, in line with the rules of the European Commission on personal costs in the frame of the H2020 projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD (doctoral degree) in Chemistry, Material Science or expected completion early 2019,
- Specialization: Chemistry, Inorganic non-metallic materials, Biomaterials, Organic chemistry, Microbiology
- Experience in biomaterials, glass science especially in bioglass, including synthesis, processing, development and characterization of inorganic (glass, bioglass) materials and / or biology,
- Experience with analysing techniques like XRD, SEM/EDX, FTIR or biological testing in simulated body fluid, in vitro testing of the materials
- Good command of English (at least C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference).
The position involves:
- Fundamental and applied research in the area of biomaterials, specially bioglass processing and characterization, in line with the areas of research defined in the project application,
- Active searching for research funding for the research programmes pursued in the centre,
- Research collaboration with industrial partners,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment,
- Publish research results and give presentations at scientific meetings,
- Written and oral communication, preparation and management of research proposals, research papers and scientific reports, analysis and investigation of scientific problems.
Interested and qualified persons should submit (in English):
- Professional CV,
- A copy of PhD certificate (or after completion of PhD thesis)
- A list of publications and research projects,
- A letter describing background and specific experience and capabilities pertaining to research activities,
- Copies of three first author recent publications,
- The name, address, and e-mail address of at least one reference.
- The criminal record – in case of successful completion of the tender.
Application with required documents should be sent to the address: Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, OPaM, Študentská 2, 911 50 Trenčín, Slovakia and also by e-mail to: email@example.com until 19.10.2018. Please, mark the envelope by “Funglass”.
Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
Trenčín, September 19, 2018
Assoc. Prof. Jozef Habánik, PhD.
Rector of TnUAD