The Director of the Centre for Functional and Surface Functionalized Glass
of Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín
in accordance with the Law 131/2002 on Higher Education, the Law 552/2003 on the work in public interest and in accordance with the principles of selection process of university teachers, researchers and chief officers of TnUAD
announces recruitment process for the work position:
1 work position: Head of the Department of Glass Processing of the Centre for functional and surface functionalized Glasses
There is an immediate opening in the newly established Centre for functional and surface functionalized glasses at the Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, Slovakia, funded from the H2020 framework programme project. The appointment is for at least two years with possible extension of the contract until 12/2023 dependent upon research progress and ability to secure additional research funding. The appointment will be open on the August 1, 2018, but later start is negotiable. Salary will be commensurate with experience, training, and qualifications, in line with the rules of the European Commission on personal costs in the frame of the H2020 projects.
- A Ph. D. in Glass Science, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physics or a closely allied field,
- A strong background in synthesis, processing, development and characterization of glasses,
- Experience with management of research projects.
The position involves:
- Establishment and management of the Department of Glass Processing,
- Creation and building of a research group,
- Management of group research facilities,
- Development of research programme of the department, in line with the research areas defined in the project application,
- Active searching for research funding for the research programme pursued in the department.
Interested and qualified persons should submit (in English):
- Their professional CV,
- A copy of PhD certificate,
- A list of publications and research projects,
- A letter describing their background and specific experience and capabilities pertaining to research of glasses with specific functional (optical, electric, magnetic, etc.) properties,
- The copies of three first author recent publications,
- The criminal record – in case of successful completion of the tender.
Application with required documents should be sent to the address: Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, OPaM, Študentská 2, 911 50 Trenčín, Slovakia and also by e-mail to: email@example.com before June 06, 2018. Please, mark the envelope by “Funglass”.
Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.