The overall objective:
Upgrade of the existing Centre of excellence for ceramics, glass and silicate materials (CEKSiM) in Trenčín, Slovakia, to an internationally recognized Centre for functional and surface functionalized glass (FunGLASS).
The partial goals within the frame of the following FPA action:
- Establishment of the Centre for functional and surface-functionalized glasses, as the upgrade of the CEKSiM.
- Creation of a system of incoming and outgoing management system for advanced research facilities.
- Creation of a student and researcher exchange program for access to research facilities of all partners.
- Building, re-construction, and adjustment of the premises for the Centre, including procurement of required research infrastructure.
- Hiring the requested research and administration staff.
- Completion of the interim training sessions of Slovak specialists on advanced research facilities in the advanced partners for knowledge transfer.
- Creation of an international graduate school issuing joint diplomas.
- Achievement of Center´s financial self-sufficiency.